The Stamps I Use

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Viva La Verve - May Week 3

Hi folks,

well, I thought my mojo had flown the coop this last week as I had absolutely no desire to get into the craft room. But today I set my mind to making a few birthday cards for early June and I accomplished my goal. I guess it helps when you grab a few good sketches (the May Viva La Verve sketch challenges) and a great pad of paper (A Proper Gentleman from Graphic 45). And you have a deadline - I needed cards for three birthdays in the next week.

Up first is the card I made using the Week 3 Sketch from the Viva La Verve Challenges over on SCS.

Here is the sketch:



and here is my card:



I changed the dimensions of some of the parts of the focus panel, but you get the idea.

card details:

  • finished size: 4.25 x 5.5 inches
  • stamp: Verve "Big Wish"
  • patterned papers: Graphic 45 "A Proper Gentleman"
  • butcher's twine
  • Spellbinders Petite Circles
additional challenges for this card:
Hope you all had a lovely weekend. I'll be back throughout the next few days with the other cards I crafted today.

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Tanya R said...

Oh Sheena, it seems your Mojo has come back and some! This is truly one great card. LOVE how you incorporated the writing on the DP. Just perfect!
Hugs
Tanya

RiNNE said...

What a handsome looking card! The papers you used are just perfect!!

Crystal said...

Great masculine card!! The DP is perfect & I love your take on the layout! Thanks for playing along with us at Paper Sundaes this week :)

Jenny said...

No need to worry at all. Your mojo is still alive and kicking. Terrific card. Thanks for sharing it with us at Paper Sundaes this week.