well, I thought my mojo had flown the coop this last week as I had absolutely no desire to get into the craft room. But today I set my mind to making a few birthday cards for early June and I accomplished my goal. I guess it helps when you grab a few good sketches (the May Viva La Verve sketch challenges) and a great pad of paper (A Proper Gentleman from Graphic 45). And you have a deadline - I needed cards for three birthdays in the next week.
Up first is the card I made using the Week 3 Sketch from the Viva La Verve Challenges over on SCS.
Here is the sketch:
and here is my card:
I changed the dimensions of some of the parts of the focus panel, but you get the idea.
- finished size: 4.25 x 5.5 inches
- stamp: Verve "Big Wish"
- patterned papers: Graphic 45 "A Proper Gentleman"
- butcher's twine
- Spellbinders Petite Circles
additional challenges for this card:
- Stamping Scrapping Challenge Central: Masculine Theme
- Paper Pretties Wednesday Challenge: Create a Birthday Card
- Paper Sundaes #71: Vintage or Shabby Chic (I couldn't resist - not with the word "vintage" actually on my card and given the style of these Graphic 45 papers)
- One Crazy Stamper May Challenge: Boys/Men
Hope you all had a lovely weekend. I'll be back throughout the next few days with the other cards I crafted today.
Thanks for stopping by!