The Stamps I Use

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Viva La Verve - May Week 4 and WOTT

Hi folks,

Yes, I was busy making cards this weekend so I am back today with another of the cards I made using this sketch from the May Viva La Verve challenges.

Here is the week 4 sketch



and the card I made using it (with one element of the sketch left out as I did not want to detract from the image or clutter up a masculine card with any frou-frou).



card details:

  • finished size: 4.25 x 5.5 inches
  • stamped image: Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps "Shining Light", coloured with Copic Markers (YG91, YG93, YG95, G29, R59, R89, C00, C0, C1, C2, C3)
  • sentiment: Verve Big Wish
  • patterned papers: Graphic 45 "A Proper Gentleman"
  • Spellbinders: Fancy Tags, Petite Ovals
  • metal photo corners from my stash
additional challenges for this card:
And since it is Tuesday, here's a photo of my crafty space. Actually, the shelves ABOVE my crafty space where I store my ribbons and some of my embellies.





In the next few days, I should FINALLY get around to organizing my ribbons in my Ribbon Box that I won a couple of months back from The Original Scrapbox.

As you can see, even though I have containers for my ribbons, once they get taken out, it takes a while for them to get put back where they belong.  I'm hoping the Ribbon Box will cure me of this problem since I won't actually have to take the ribbons out to use them.

Oh, and since I did actually craft on Monday night, here's a peek of what the desk below looked like when I finished for the night.



If you pop back later this week you should see the cards actually finished. 

Thanks for stopping by. If you want to see the peeks from other folks playing along with WOTT, be sure to drop by Cindy's blog The Crafty Frugalista to see who else has linked up!

Be sure to stop by tomorrow to see something I've been keeping under my hat for a little while now!

6 comments:

lynn said...

great lighthouse card, sheena! your shelves are awesome!

Scrapcollectr said...

Thanks for joining WOTT this week! Your card looks great...I'm always in need of a masculine card idea and I've been resisting the urge to use my Cut@Home coupon that expires tomorrow but I really like that Fancy Tags die.... On no! Lol. Have a nice day! *smile*

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

I just love this card! I love the masculine feel of it. THe colors are just perfect and the coloring too! Thanks for playing with the sketch!

RiNNE said...

The lighthouse card is terrific! And reminded me of MK's nautical party :). Your shelves are cool.

Kristie said...

I love this card!!! I think it's one of my favorites I've seen this week. The corner accents really add a nice touch and I love the image!! Thanks for playing along with my Birthday Sundaes challenge!

Vivi Martínez said...

Beautiful card! It is manly and elegant at the same time. It could be perfect for my dad... Love it!
Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Birthday Sundaes.
Vivi