The Stamps I Use

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

The Pixie Cottage Challenge #72 - June 1st

Hi folks,

guess who has the honour of being a guest DT for "The Pixie Cottage Stamps" this month? That's right - little old me!!!

So, for the next four Wednesdays, I'll be featuring my take on the current challenge over the The Pixie Cottage Blog.

Here is a close-up view of this week's sketch 



The optional theme this week is "anything but a card".

I opted to go with just the sketch for my project this week.




Doesn't Sparkles look ready for summer to start? This fun, summery image from the Pixie Cottage is one of many images created by Artish. I thought it would be great paired with these cheerful papers from Echo Park Paper Co. And, to mimic the sparklers that are twinkling away in her hands, I decided to make a couple of paper pinwheels for my embellishment pieces.


card details:
  • finished size: 6x6 inches
  • image: digi Sparkles by Artish from The Pixie Cottage Stamps, coloured with Copic markers (E000, E00, E93, E04, YG63, YG67, YG17, BG11, BG13, BG45, BG49, Y06, YR04, YR18, E34, E57)
  • patterned papers: Echo Park Sweet Summertime
  • card stock: CTMH Ocean (textured)
  • buttons from my stash
Additional challenges for this card:
Be sure to pop over to the Pixie Cottage Blog to see what the rest of the regular DT have created for you this week - and to link up your own creation! Remember, you can use either the sketch, the theme or both! And, you don't have to use Pixie Cottage images - but if you've got them, why not?

Thanks for stopping by! Be sure to come back next Wednesday to see my next project as a guest DT for the Pixie Cottage Stamps.

7 comments:

RiNNE said...

Excellent card - very cute! Congrats on being GDT!!!

Tanya R said...

This is supberb! I just love the colors, and how FUN this card is. Thanks so much for being our GDT member for the month of June, we are so lucky.
Hugs
Tanya

Davi said...

We are so pleased to have you as a guest at The Pixie Cottage. I love the fun card with the pretty papers and the cute pinwheels. Great use of the sketch :)

Davi said...

Thanks for sharing your wonderful card with us at Tuesday Throwdown.

Karen Howard said...

This is so cute, love the image and the pinwheels you added for embellishments! I'm really excited to be a guest DT for Pixie Cottage with you this month! Hugs, Karen

Sharon said...

A fab card Tina! Those windmills are a brilliant embellishment. The papers and image are beautiful.
It's great to have you as a guest designer for us at the Pixie Cottage,
Hugs,
Sharon xx

Sharon said...

Sorry Sheena - I completely misread your name on the challenge post - must be too tired. Sorry.