back today with another of this year's Father's Day cards. The first one was for my brother, this one is for my Dad.
I finally tried something I've been meaning to try since seeing Tanya do this technique so skillfully - colouring with my PrismaColor pencils on kraft paper. This was the PERFECT image for this technique. The white of the lighthouse shows up so nicely on this paper. I even added some "fog" with my cloud blue pencil.
I know a lot of you out there struggle with masculine cards. Me? No problemo. I actually find them easier than girlie girl cards. My secret - great masculine papers and classic images or just a simple sentiment. It helps that most of the "masculine" colours are more my style.
- finished size: 5.5 x 5.5 inches
- stamped image and sentiment: Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps "Shining Light", coloured with PrismaColor Pencils (938, 988, 1070, 1076, 1072, 1030, 1023)
- patterned papers: Gartner Studios Bon Voyage Map
- cardstock: CTMH Cocoa, Bamboo, Kraft
- Spellbinders: Petite Circles
- layout: Sweet Stop Sketch Challenge #112 (modified to make a square card)
additional challenges for this card:
- Sew Many Challenges #56: Father's Day
- Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge #138: A Male Card
- Crazy 4 Challenges #91: Masculine Card
- Stamptacular Sunday Challenge #115: Dads or Grads
- Sentimental Sundays #59: Father's Day or Masculine Card
Anyways, hope you are all having a fabulous day! Thanks for taking time out today to pay me a visit!
See you again later this week!