The Stamps I Use

Friday, June 10, 2011

Viva la Verve June Week 2 and SCCC27

Hi folks!

Well, it's Friday night and my other half is out playing D&D so I managed some crafty time tonight to get my two cards done for Sparkle's Weekly Christmas Card Challenge. Challenge #27 is the colour combo of {gold, cream and white}

I decided to go with a clean and simple layout, using the Viva La Verve June Week 2 sketch (I haven't done Week 1 yet)


as I decided to dig deep into my stash of REALLY old papers and pulled out some very heavily textured gold and cream papers.

What I came up with were these two cards:





They have quite the sheen to them in real life and the texture is almost like leather. The paper on which the images are stamped (in Memento Rich Cocoa) is a creamy coloured paper that has a gold wash on it. I actually wasn't sure how well the ink would stamp on the paper but it seems to have done the job.

I added some gold embroidery floss and white lace as accents based on the sketch elements.

additional card details:

  • finished size: 4.25 x 5.5 inches
  • stamped images: CTMH All The Best
  • Spellbinders: Petite Ovals and Scalloped Ovals
  • Corner Rounder punch

There you have it - I'm now up to 62 Christmas cards made so far for this year. I'm thinking that by the time all the stamp companies start rolling out their new stamps and papers for the coming season, I won't have any excuse for buying all the new goodies as I will have all my cards already done for the year. That's probably a good thing - use up the stash!

oh well, hope you all have a lovely weekend ahead! I'm really going to have to crack the whip and get my Father's day cards all made this weekend. I haven't made a single one yet. Which means my cards for my Dad and brother will have to go ExpressPost (or by courier if Canadapost expands their postal strike action).

Thanks for stopping by!....now back to the hockey game!

1 comment:

RiNNE said...

Amazing cards-'they must look even more beautiful in person. Love all the gold touches!