The Stamps I Use

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

WOYWW - June 15th and Viva La Verve Week 1

Hi folks!

It's Wednesday - time for a peek at my desk for What's on Your Workdesk Wednesday!



Believe it or not, this is tidied up from yesterday!

Down front you can see the card I mentioned in the previous post that I  had to "fix" (more on that later).

My Copic chart is there as well as I pulled it out to make another order from Lora at OneCrazyStamper. On this order, I'm planning on getting the rest of the BG and YG markers that I don't have in my collection. That's about another 30 I do believe.

And something you don't see very often - my set of PrismaColor pencils. Yes, I have the big set - 120 pencils. I had them out colouring the lighthouse image that was used on two of my Father's Day cards and the birthday card you see in the photo.

That's it for the peek! Be sure to drop by Julia's blog, The Stamping Ground, to share your crafty space and to sneak a peek at everyone else's desk.

Now for those  of you who stuck around, here's the card in the photo! Yes, I know, for you regular readers that this is my third card this week with this image and these papers. But this one will be a birthday card for one of my Uncles.




What I had to fix? The sentiment panel. Originally, I had inked the edges (as I did on the previous card) instead of distressing them with my scissors. Totally wrong since, on this card, the card stock had all been scissor distressed and the patterned papers were ink distressed. Totally wrong. I could NOT leave that inconsistency on the finished card.


card details:

  • finished size: 5.5 x 5.5 inches
  • stamped image: Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps "Shining Light", coloured with PrismaColor Pencils (938, 988, 1070, 1076, 1072, 1030, 1023)
  • sentiment: Verve "Big Wish"
  • patterned papers: Gartner Studios Bon Voyage Map
  • cardstock: CTMH Cocoa (the panel was embossed with a Cuttlebug Script folder), Bamboo, Kraft
  • Spellbinders: Petite Ovals
  • layout: Viva La Verve June Week 1 sketch
Challenges for this card:

Anyways, be sure to pop back in a few minutes (or scroll up to the next post) to see my project for this week's challenge over at the Pixie Cottage!

5 comments:

butlersabroad said...

I've never got into Copics, mainly because of the price to build up a good collection I think, but I have to admit to being seriously interested in a large set of Prisma's, I'm actually thinking of asking for a set for Christmas! I do like the card you've made, great central image and so useful for those pesky mens cards too.

Hugs
Brenda 73

Andria said...

Beautiful card. I can't get over your supply of pencils and markers! Happy WOYWW!

NatashaMay said...

I wish I had 120 Prismacolor pencils. :) Card look beautiful! Happy WOYWW!

okienurse said...

Love all the color available on your desk! I have some Copics but like my pencils and watercolors! Thanks for sharing! Vickie #46

Lisa aka Myran said...

This is absolutely stunning! Thanks for joining us at Papertake Weekly :)