The Stamps I Use

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

WOYWW - June 22nd

Hi folks!

Well, instead of showing you a photo of my craft room for WOYWW, I thought I would show you something that will be taking away from my crafty time this week.



What's this you ask? 32 cups (8L) of gooseberries. We have one gooseberry bush in our garden and I spent 3.5 hours picking these berries on Sunday. Definitely our most prolific year so far. Now they have to be topped and tailed and made into jam, with an equivalent amount of strawberries. Lucky for me, the local strawberries are now in season - dearly beloved and I have been doing our best to polish off our first 4L basket of the season this week. Mmm...fresh strawberries, angel food cake and Devon Custard. YUMMMMMMM.....

I'm thinking I may have to take at least one day, maybe two off from work in order to get all these berries made into jam.

So, does anyone out there have any fave gooseberry recipes to share? Feel free to drop me an email via the link in my sidebar with your faves...or leave a link in the comments!

Oh....and I had a note from my PIF partner, Carolyn. Despite our postal strike here in Canada, my package made it's way across the pond safe and sound! Would you like to see what I sent?

I made one of my clip photo frame white boards -- and used the dry erase marker that went with it to write the WOYWW anagram on the Wednesdays in the calendar section.



I hope this is a welcome addition to Carolyn's craft space. I have one in my craft room that you can usually see in my WOYWW posts - I use mine to keep track of the cards I need to make in the next two months.

Oh, and I also sent along this matching card.


I LOVE those golden orange roses.

PIF project details:

  • patterned papers: My Mind's Eye Home
  • stamps: CTMH (calendar) and Verve (sentiments)
  • Spellbinders: Petite Circles
  • card layout: June Sketch For You to Try

Now if you would like to sneak a peek and everyone else who is playing along with WOYWW this week, be sure to head on over to Julia's blog, the Stamping Ground, for the big list!

Oh, and be sure to pop back in a few minutes for my second post for today - my Pixie Cottage Guest DT project for this week!

13 comments:

butlersabroad said...

I've never had a gooseberry before but my husband has fond memories of his Nana's Gooseberry Fool when he was a boy, not sure if that used the red or green goosegogs (as we call them). Here's a link for recipes. Very nice pif and card, I can see how useful that board will be in a craft room.

Hugs
Brenda 81

Andria said...

I always call my younger daughter "Gooseberry", so your post makes me smile. I've never even seen a gooseberry! Your PiF gift is very useful, and your card is lovely. Happy WOYWW!

RiNNE said...

Those look yummy & your jam plan sounds yummy! What a beautiful present for your friend -I especially adore the card! Hope what I ordered from PWCO makes it across the pond too!!

minnie_mac said...

Yum, goosegogs ! I always cook some and freeze away for later use in pies or crumbles or to mix with whipped cream.

Love the whiteboard.

Marilyn

MaggieC said...

I would like to be able to eat fresh gooseberries, but our little wretch of a pup gets to them before we do, and the strawberries and blackcurrants, and apples, and damsons... can you see a pattern here? Enjoy all yours.

Li'l Pidge said...

SO many goosegogs..yum! Always worth the effort.
I love your PIF you made what a simple but totally stunning idea. Do you mind if I use your idea to make some for my crafting friends?

Kyla

okienurse said...

Gooseberries! I have a jar in the frig now. My husband loves them or lingenberries on swedish pancakes! Little to tart for me. I think mixed with strawberries they would be more palatable! Thanks for sharing. Vickie #107

Tanya R said...

Super creative! The card is just wonderful, I love the roses too.
Hugs
Tanya

Naomi said...

This is GORGEOUS! I LOVE the MME papers, the colour combo and the fonts on the sentiment...love everything about it, actually!

Kathleen said...

Oh my....Those Gooseberries bring back lovely childhood memories. I've not had Gooseberry pie in years, lucky you having a bush of them to pick. Your Pif looks wonderful too.
Kathleen x

peggy aplSEEDS said...

i don't think i've even heard of gooseberries before. do they taste like grapes? the PiF you made is great and so useful too! love the card too!

Morti said...

What a lot of gooseberries! And I love your clipframe whiteboard - we have whiteboards here but they are dull, dull, DULL!! So, I might just snag your idea and create something far more funky for DD to have in her room..... Just a standard wipe-erase pen, yes? Coolie!

Spyder said...

E had a gooseberry bush when i was little...hmmm for years I kept thinking, that's where my baby brother was found! Love the PiF you made, very good idea and very useful too, I used to make them for my girls, (covered in sticky-backed plastic) so they could write on them in much the same way/ Happy Crafting, thanks for the snoop! HapPy VeRy LaTe WoYwW!
((Lyn))