The Stamps I Use

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

WOYWW - June 8th

Hi folks!

Phew wasn't that an awesome WOYWW last week? I finally got my PIF into the post yesterday - the postal service here in Canada is currently taking job action so I was reluctant at first to drop it into the mail system. But, turns out to be a rotating strike, from city to city and so far, Ottawa has not been hit. Fingers crossed my PIF gets to its intended recipient in the UK in the time that CanadaPost promised - two to three weeks!!! Don't get me started on "standards of delivery"! Really? Two to three WEEKS? I was thinking a week at the MOST!

Anyways, here's a shot of my desk as I finished up last night (yes, I was crafting on a week-night and NO you can't see what it was until next Wednesday's post for the Pixie Cottage!)



What you CAN see are the papers, Spellbinders dies and Copics I was using on my project!....oh, and the usual mess.

Not sure how observant you might be but my stash of Copics has grown since last week's post - there's another 27 markers in that tote. By my calculations, I have another 100 to go and I will have them all (except for the Fluorescents and Spicas). I'm going to need a bigger container. ETA - some you have asked what the container is...Boy I WISH it was an empty ice cream container as it is 40 degrees Celsius here today and I would have enjoyed emptying it! It is actually an "Art Bin" tipped up on edge, with the insert tray and lid removed for easy access. When I go to crops or play dates, I just pop the lid back on and my Copics are instantly portable.

Anyways, thanks for stopping by my crafty spot for this week's edition of WOYWW. To see the master list of participants, do drop by Julia's blog, the Stamping Ground. It's fun to have a sneaky peek at everyone's desk, don't you think?

Be sure to drop back in a little bit to see my second post for today for this week's challenge over at the Pixie Cottage! I'm guest DTing again this week!

9 comments:

Julia Dunnit said...

Gah, postal stories. Let's not!! So what was your Copics container originally? If you say ice crem, don't worry - I'll be over the water to eat out of a container that big, fast as you like!!

Andria said...

LOVE the phrase "time well wasted"...that's great! I can't get over what a gigantic bin of markers you have. That's impressive! Happy WOYWW!

Sarpreet said...

great workspace, lots of room, a huge mat, and great lamp, Thank you for sharing your workspace, Happy WOYWW 105, #22 (please do check out my blog candy for charity)

RiNNE said...

Yay on getting to craft on a weeknight! Hope the post strike resolve soon!

Anne said...

Love all "the action" on your desk and agree with Julia if that'sthe size of your ice cream tubs I'm there !!!!!

MaggieC said...

Postal strikes etc are such a pain to us all, when we are waiting (not too patiently) for a special delivery. I don't have any Copics, but I do have a few Promarkers, and am gradually gathering a few more as time goes past.

SueH said...

What a fab desk for the start of the 3rd year of WOYWW Kanata, it looks like you have a lot going on there!

It’s a shame you have no PIF to share as yet but I’m sure it’s going to be beautiful when it arrives.

And as for your Copics, you can never have too many. The same goes for ProMarkers and I’ve been planning a little shopping spree all of my own Lol!

Happy Crafting!
Sue
x

fairyrocks said...

New Copics!!! yeah !! me too
I am Canadian too eh? so I do understand.
Keep smiling and creating

Becky said...

Clever Copic storage! I just got new storage, but I don't have that many markers! Love the cards you posted too. Thanks for stopping by my desk last week, I'm a week behind in my visiting of desks! kinda like your mail service but not because of strikes! hehe.