well I finally made my way back into my craft room to create a card. Today was the third birthday of the cutest little girl - youngest daughter of dear friends of ours - and she's REALLY fond of dinosaurs. Luckily for me, I had the perfect set of stamps in my collection to make her card.
Pretty colorful huh? Mostly all paper-pieced, with just a little Copic colouring to highlight the spots, toenails and plates on the dinos. The teeth were coloured with my white Zig chalk marker.
And for the banner - no fancy die cuts or punches (though I am planning on getting the new Stampin' Up banner punches soon). I drew on my quilting skills to cut them out of the DP in a most efficient manner!
- finished size: 5.5 x 7.5 inches (I know... a big one for me! I had to make my own envie!)
- stamped images: StarvingArtistamps Doodlefactory Sweets 'n Hearts (cupcake) & Prehistoric (dinos and background cave-etchings)
- stamped sentiment: CTMH Doodle Alphabet
- patterned papers: Recollections Hallowe'en (I know -- not JUST for Hallowe'en! I wanted bright colours with a bit of a textured pattern to reflect the skin textures and these were perfect)
- Copic markers used: RV06, BV02, V04, V09
- ctmh black waxy flax (for the banner string), googly eyes from my stash
Challenges for this card