The Stamps I Use

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Finally back in the craft room

Hi folks,

well I finally made my way back into my craft room to create a card. Today was the third birthday of the cutest little girl - youngest daughter of dear friends of ours - and she's REALLY fond of dinosaurs. Luckily  for me, I had the perfect set of stamps in my collection to make her card.




Pretty colorful huh? Mostly all paper-pieced, with just a little Copic colouring to highlight the spots, toenails and plates on the dinos. The teeth were coloured with my white Zig chalk marker.

And for the banner - no fancy die cuts or punches (though I am planning on getting the new Stampin' Up banner punches soon). I drew on my quilting skills to cut them out of the DP in a most efficient manner!

card details:

  • finished size: 5.5 x 7.5 inches (I know... a big one for me! I had to make my own envie!)
  • stamped images: StarvingArtistamps Doodlefactory Sweets 'n Hearts (cupcake) & Prehistoric (dinos and background cave-etchings)
  • stamped sentiment: CTMH Doodle Alphabet
  • patterned papers: Recollections Hallowe'en (I know -- not JUST for Hallowe'en! I wanted bright colours with a bit of a textured pattern to reflect the skin textures and these were perfect)
  • Copic markers used: RV06, BV02, V04, V09
  • ctmh black waxy flax (for the banner string), googly eyes from my stash

Challenges for this card

5 comments:

Mary J said...

What fun! Love your colour combo too!

Thx for joining us at Pollycrafts Monday!

Mary J x

Tanya R said...

This is so rockin! Love how they are all about to devour the cupcake, and let us not forget to mention that perfect banner!

Hugs
Tanya

Anita said...

This is such a fun and cheery card - perfect for a little girl and I'm sure she loved it. Thanks for joining in the Pollycraft celebrations challenge.

Stacey G.- 2 Craf-t-4u said...

So much fun and very cute! Thank you so much for joining us at Sentimental Sundays. If you have not done so already, you may want to hop over to my blog, as I am hosting a no strings attached blog candy with several prizes to win. I apologize if I have already given you this invitation.

RiNNE said...

This card is so much fun!! Great paper-piercing & drawing/ cutting!