The Stamps I Use

Monday, July 18, 2011

Graffiti filled birthday for MMSC112

Hi folks,

well, for once I was a bit stumped about making a card for a boy - I think it was the age range that was giving me difficulty this time. Eight to twelve year olds are a bit difficult for me -- too old for cutesy, too young for a bit more teenager style.

However, this is what I came up with:



card details:

  • finished size: 5 x 6.5 inches
  • stamped images: StarvingArtistamps Doodlefactory Urban "Guaco" and "Sprunk", coloured with Copic markers (YG21, YG23, YR15, YR16, YR18, R29, C3, BG32)
  • patterned papers: Echo Park Paper Co "Little Boy"
  • sentiment: computer generated using a free graffiti font I found on the interwebs
  • Spellbinders: Small Deckled Rectangles
  • layout: Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge #112 (but I flipped it)
Additional challenges for this card:
thanks for stopping! Hope your week is off to a great start!

7 comments:

Priscilla said...

Love your card...never have seen this image...Such a pleasure to visit your blog. Great take on the sketch and love the flip. Thank you so much for joining in the fun this week at the Midnight Madness sketch challenge.
Priscilla
MMSC Hostess

papillon said...

so cute and funny, great work on the coloration! thanks for playing with us at Use It Tuesday :)))

Tanya R said...

This is awesome! Love the colors Sheena.
Hugs
Tanya

RiNNE said...

It's so hard when you don't have the supplies for a age-specific card! But this is just perfect, Sheena! I'm sure your nephew will LOVE it, I know I sure do!

Gunn (MsPlum) said...

This is funny! I think you made a great boys card, it is very difficult to make card for teenaged boys! Great take on the sketch!

Thanks for joining our challenge - I hope to see you play with us again real soon!
Hugs
Gunn
Midnight Madness Design Team

Nina said...

Wooaaw, this is awesome and cool!! Great papers and wonderful motiv. Funny :)

Thank you for joining our Animal Antics challenge at Stamptacular Sunday.
Hugs, Nina.

thescrapmaster said...

Awesome project, girlie! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Use it Tuesday!
Hugs,
Samantha
www.thescrapmaster.com