The Stamps I Use

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Hello .... Kitty!

No, this isn't going to be a post featuring my cats. This is the card I made for my dearly beloved's niece for her fourth birthday. She seemed pretty excited yesterday with everyone in the family being there for her birthday. They are so cute at that age - just old enough to understand the significance of everyone getting together because of their special day AND to be REALLY cute when opening presents and having cake.





You can't really tell in the photo above but - there's lots of layers as you can see below.



card details:

  • image: Hello Kitty Birthday Coloring Page (found on the interwebs here). Tip of the day: if you ever have to do a card for someone feauturing a licensed character, just do an internet search for " whatever character coloring pages" (or if you are like me you would say colouring).
  • Coloured with Copic Markers (RV14, RV13, RV11, R0000, R000, R01, R11, Y38, Y19, Y00, Y02, Y04)
  • patterned papers: Echo Park Paper Sweet Summertime
  • layout: Sweet Stop Sketch Challenge #117. It's sketch with a spin week and the theme is Christmas so OBVIOUSLY I won't be submitting my card to the challenge. I just liked the simplicity of the sketch and thought it would be good with this card.
Anyways, hope you are all having/had a lovely weekend. Thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:

RiNNE said...

Lovely card! I thought your coloured kitty was a sticker!! Great job!

Sparkle said...

This is just adorable!

MyCuriousCrafts said...

Such a pretty Hello Kitty card. Great ob! ~Shen

Judie said...

Such a cute card, I saw it 1st at Birthday Sundae and came to have a closer look, Great!! Good luck with challenge.
See my entry at
www.Cardsbyjudie.blogspot.com
Judie

Kristie said...

This is adorable!! I love the HK and how much dimension you gave the card. Thanks for playing along with my Birthday Sundaes challenge!

Adrian said...

Wow, great job! Love all the layering!

sunghee said...

Oh my~! I bet she was so excited about your card! So cute. And the layer are AMAZING!!!

Tanya R said...

EEEK! This is adorable. Super adorable idea.
Hugs
Tanya

Cindy Vernon said...

Wonderful card and so ingenious using a coloring page image! Thanks for joining us at Birthday Sundaes.