The Stamps I Use

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

WOYWW - July 6th

Hi folks,

sorry but there is no peek at my desk this week (I have something better!). I have not been in my craft room since LAST Monday. So what you saw last week, well, it's still there!

We had a busy holiday weekend here in Canada. We hosted a barbeque for 19 people at our house on Friday (Canada Day) and then I spent the weekend recovering. No crafting time. Well, except in the kitchen where I made MORE JAM! This time Strawberry-Rhubarb




I still have lots of rhubarb so I'll be hitting the local farms again this week to pick up more strawberries for jamming.

But here is the really good part of this week's WOYWW post! My PIF from the ever so talented Neil Walker arrived on Tuesday!!!




I am the lucky recipient of one of his lovely journals and beautiful tags!

Like the lady in the vintage image on the journal, I am swooning at the beauty of this piece. And yes, if you look in the bottom right you can see WOYWW!




And here is the lovely tag that Neil enclosed with this lovely PIF.



I am so very envious of all of you out there who are so skilled at the vintage/distressed technique. I SO want to learn this method of artistic expression - I REALLY wish there was someone local who could give me  tips and pointers on where to start. sigh....

Anyways, a truly HEARTFELT thanks to Neil for this lovely PIF. Be sure to drop over to Julia's blog, the Stamping Ground, to see who else is playing along with WOYWW!

I really am hoping to get back into my craft room soon - I DO have a birthday party to attend on Saturday so I need to make that special little birthday girl a special birthday card.

8 comments:

Neil said...

So glad it arrived and that you like it. Enjoy filling it and enjoy your jam, I could do with some on my toast right now as cupboard empty!

jude said...

Gorgeous pif from neil glad it arrived safely.
Ilove using distress inks just get couple you will be surprised how well you will get on with them.Go to tim Holtz blog he has loads tutorials to help you on your way.My daughters party on saturday also so have fun!
hugs judex15

Andria said...

Great PiF...thanks for sharing. Your jam looks delightful, and your Canada Day celebrations sound fun and exhausting. Happy WOYWW! I hope you can get back to some crafting projects soon!

Doone said...

nice pif, and the technique is not difficult -

check out Tim Holtz free vintage (on video) techniques on the ranger web site,

Dx

Tanya R said...

So gorgeous! I'd be up for a class or too as well. Does Neil travel and teach? LOL.

The jam sound delicious!
Hugs
Tanya

okienurse said...

Awesome PIF! It has definitely being taking longer then usual with the strike and I think the sympathetic strike here in the states. Mail delivery has really sucked. Love all the jam you made. I just found some black currant at the dollar store from Denmark. It was a surprise considering how expensive it is here. Thanks for sharing. Vickie #44

Spyder said...

ohoo lovely jam! but your PIF gift was the winner, fabby!! Happy Late WOYWW
((Lyn)) #29

RiNNE said...

I, too, know the feeling of not being able to craft. Hope you made it there soon!!