The Stamps I Use

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Back to Christmas Cards...finally!

Hi folks,

well, I decided to try to ease myself back into making card today by getting back to making Christmas cards. The last time I posted a Christmas card was June 18th - so it would appear that I decided to take the summer off. I figured the best way to get my Christmas card mojo back would be to pop over to Sparkle's Christmas Card challenge blog to resume where I left off, with challenge #29. The challenge that week was to make a card using {Fabric}.

Even back when I first read that challenge, I knew what I wanted to do - use my Spellbinders Holiday Cheer die cut to make a christmas stocking out of some fabric from my stash.

Here's what I came up with:



Pretty fabric, huh? I was tempted to do the entire card front with fabric but I decided to just stick with stocking as it would have taken me hours to go through my fabric stash (it's not as bad as my paper but...there's a lot).
card details

  • Spellbinders: Holiday Cheer, Petite Circles. For those of you who might wonder, I have purchased almost all of my Spellbinders dies from PaperWorksCo (they are in the shop here). Peg has the most awesome everyday prices on her dies (plus you get 5% of the price into your emergency craft fund so...you can't go wrong!)
  • sentiment: CTMH Seasonal Celebration
  • patterned papers: DCWV Holiday Collection Christmas Stack
  • layout: Priscilla Styles: Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge #116. I chose to use the simpler of the two sketches.
additional challenges for this card:

Thanks for stopping by! Hope you are all having a lovely weekend. I have two more Christmas cards that I did today, I'll be sure to share them sometime this week.

9 comments:

Jodi said...

This is an adorable Christmas card. Thanks so much for sharing your talents with us at Craft Your Passion - can't wait to see more from you!
Hugs,
Jodi

RiNNE said...

What gorgeous cards! I love fabrics as card elements and you did a great job with these!

Curlybear said...

Wow this is such a Wonderful creation, the image is adorable and colour theme is so beautiful its just perfect for our challenge

Thank you so much for joining us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge and we hope to see you next week,

I also have some calorie free candy if you are interested

Good Luck with the challenge

Hugs Bridget :0) x
SCSC DT

marsha said...

This is such a fun Christmas card! Thanks so much for joining us for this week's Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge, hope to see you back soon!
Hugs,
Marsha
MMSC-DT

scrap joanny said...

Thank you for joining us this week at Craft Your Passion Challenges- your card is so nice !!! hugs Joanna

Denise @ kc242 said...

what a lovely Christmas card. I love your color selections as well as that cute stocking! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Midnight Madness!
Denise
MMDT
I have CHA blog candy available if you are interested!

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

Thanks for joining our "Christmas is Coming" challenge on SECRET CRAFTER SATURDAY CHALLENGE :)

Hugs Jane x

Sarah Cooper said...

Oh that turned out so sweet with the fabric! Well worth the 'dig-out' to find it. :O)

downrightcrafty said...

gorgeous creation and perfect for our Christmas is Coming Challenge this week at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge, thank you for joining us
Hugs Kate xx
PS I have new candy if you are interested.