The Stamps I Use

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

WOYWW - August 17th

Hi folks,

it's time for What's on your Workdesk Wednesday. If you don't know what it is all about, be sure to stop by  Julia's blog, the Stamping Ground, to see everyone who is playing along (and maybe link up a peek into your crafty space).

Here's my usual desk, with some different supplies for me....




My younger sister has asked me to make a few decorative pieces for her youngest daughter's room (she will be a year old in September - my niece, not my sister!). I had previously given her a frame using the Safari friends from PaperWorksCo and she would like me to use those same stamps on these pieces. She sent me some inspiration photos of the sort of thing for which she is looking - little pictures with zoo animals and alphabet blocks sort of thing.

So....I have picked up some 8x10 artist canvas (10 of them but I will probably only use 4) and some Mod Podge. I have a rough idea of what I want to do but decided it would be a good idea to stamp out the images on some sticky notes first, cut them out and then draw out my actual design plan first. Then I'll choose my papers and cut them out for the backgrounds, stamp my images for real and colour them up and then mod podge it all onto the canvases. Hopefully I can actually implement what I have pictured in my mind. I'll be sure to post the project here if it turns out (heck, even if it doesn't)! If it works out well, I have some ideas for the other 6 canvases I will have left over (though I expect at least one will be lost to me figuring out how to do this mod podge stuff).

Oh, and the Cricut cartridges are out because she has also asked me to decorate some wooden letters that spell out her daughter's name using either the same PWCO images or the cricut animal cuts. I'll be playing with those as well over the next few weeks.

And yes, since my last post I have acquired the last of my Copic Sketch markers. I have them all now! Yay! If only my creativity would make a reappearance!

Hope you are all having a fabulous day!

9 comments:

Helen said...

Sounds like you will have fun making all those for your sister/neice - enjoy!

Lunch Lady Jan said...

How lovely to have a little girl for whom to make something pretty!! Don't think my 18 and 15 year old lads would appreciate some pink bunting flags :D And way to go with your Copic stash - so many colours, so little time! xx

Hazel said...

You're going to be busy with the canvases and letters. How lovely to have all the copic markers (I have a lot, but not all) - Hazel WOYWW #65 x

Spyder said...

I'm sooo jealous, I have a few promarkers now but only about ten copic, I thought they run out faster, but they do have nice 'skin' colours I think. Very busy dessk!
Happy WOYWW
((Lyn)) Have a great week!

RiNNE said...

So glad that you figured out what to do for your sister and niece! It sounds so cool! Can't wait to see them!

How lucky of you to have all of the Copics!!! Hooray!!

Julia Dunnit said...

I expect that workin gon the canvasses for your neice will summon the mojo return. How nice a project. And ALL the COpics? gracious, well done!

Wipso said...

I'm having a quick trip round the WOYWWers before I start on my next batch of little African dresses. It's great to see what you're busy with this week.
Hugs,
A x

Tertia said...

All the Copics? OK, Now I have turnrd a lovely shade of green! How I wish.
Happy WOYWW

okienurse said...

WOW sounds like you are going to be busy getting your nieces room all decked out. Have a great week. Thanks for sharing. Vickie