The Stamps I Use

Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Hallowe'en

Hi folks,

well, I had good intentions this year to do Hallowe'en cards for the nieces and nephews, as I usually do, but the mojo just wasn't there. And I even had gone out and bought new Hallowe'en papers and new Hallowe'en stamps from Sparkle (they are still sitting unmounted in my craft room by the way) before I went to Newfoundland but....meh, never seemed to get around to it. But at least I'll have them for next year so I can get a head start!

I only managed to make the one Hallowe'en card this year - for my sweetie. Very simple....



card details:

  • finished size: 5.5 x 5.5 inches, black cardstock base
  • stamped image and sentiment: CTMH August 2011 Stamp of the Month "Wicked"
  • patterned papers: Recollections Hallowe'en
  • Spellbinders: Label Ten
  • self-adhesive black gems (I have a tendency to hoard these little babies and use them sparingly)
  • did both some ink (sentiment panel) and scissor distressing (background paper) to add a little interest to an otherwise plain card.
Challenges for this card:
Hope you all have a frightfully delightful Hallowe'en!

6 comments:

Tanya R said...

Love the burnt orange color!
Hugs
Tanya

Sonya said...

Super cute card...love that stamp and how you used it! So glad you joined us at UIT this week!!

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

Fabulous creation!! Thanks for playing along in our 'Halloween' challenge at The Sisterhood! Hope you'll come back next time!

Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
MY BLOG

RiNNE said...

Such a great card, Sheena! So sweet!! But where are the 20 pumpkin pics? ;)

Regan said...

Super fun Halloween card! Love the silhouette image and fabulous sentiment! Thanks for joining us at The Corrosive Challenge for "With a Flourish"! :)
{hugs}
Regan

Haven_mom4 said...

love your stamped images. Thanks for joining us at Use it Tuesday-Haven