The Stamps I Use

Friday, November 11, 2011

Cardmaking with a friend

Hi folks,

back with another post today. Strange for me, I know, but it goes with the fact that I actually crafted on two consecutive weekday nights this week - even more strange.

Anyways, a friend of mine was recently introduced to card-making and asked if she could come to my place and get some help making a birthday card for her boyfriend. She wanted to make him a card with a guitar on it, since he plays as a hobby. It took us a long time but here is what we came up with.....



I can't tell you for sure which Copic markers I used to colour the image for her (since she's never done it she asked me to do the honours) but I think I used E000, E00, E01, E93, B91, B93, B95, B97, C0, C1, C2, C3, C4, C5, C6, C7, E49, E47, E37, E57, YG13, YG23.

The funky blue/green background paper and denim papers were hers, the blue/green immediately under the image is from my CTMH Stardust papers.

The birthday sentiment is Verve. Notice how the birthday year is on a guitar pick? That was my friend's  idea. She thought it would be neat to put his actual birthday year on the card as well. Originally we did a paper one but then along came my dearly beloved and suggested we use a real guitar pick. So he let us raid HIS stash and this metal one looked the best. I then wrote "38th" using the chisel end of my 110 Black Copic marker. I know you can actually buy a guitar pick punch (it's actually marketed to musicians) -- I'm going to have to get one or dearly beloved's pick stash is going to dwindle.

Oh, and the die cuts are Spellbinders Wonky Rectangles. I think these might be my current favourite Spellbinders shape...I think they go really well with the funky Critter images from The Greeting Farm.

The layout? Well we started out with the November SFYTT but it quickly morphed into something a little more funky......especially when we tossed in those Spellbinders die cuts and then changed the orientation.


Hope you are all having a lovely day - I'm trying to decide if it is a day to finish making my Pumpkin Pickles or to do some paper-crafting. If I get my butt off the couch I may be able to do both!

1 comment:

RiNNE said...

Very cool!! How sweet of you to do this!! Love the papers and his hair!!