The Stamps I Use

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Use it Tuesday #21 - For the Holidays

Hi folks,

As you can see by my left side banner, I was recently selected as a winner on the "Use it Tuesday" challenge blog and asked if I would like to play along with the today's posted challenge - For the holidays.

Well OF COURSE I wanted to play along! I'm still making Christmas cards and have come to realize that my stash of Christmas themed supplies is, well, growing rather diminishing. I must confess, when I set about to make this card, I found that I still have Christmas papers in my stash that I bought at LEAST four seasons ago - maybe even five!

Anyways, here's the card I made with a gorgeous collection of papers named "Mistletoe" from Close To My Heart. These are a little more recent - from 2010! I know, I know. I remember loving these papers so much that I had to buy the Level 2 paper pack, the matching Creative Basics set AND the workshop on the go kit. So.....ummmm, yeah, I have a LOT of these papers still in my stash.  I think I need to learn that just ONE paper pack goes a long way - never mind THREE!!!




Do you recognize Elf Oliver? Uh, huh. This is another of the images that I coloured up a while back except that I switched up his  hair colour for one of our other nephews. I have one more left to go! See, I'm even using up my stash of pre-coloured images!

Now, if you are like me and your stash is growing rather than shrinking, I would encourage you to play along with the Use it Tuesday Challenges. They are on the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of the month and are a great way to tackle your stash!

card details:
  • finished size: 6x6 inches on CTMH Chocolate card stock base
  • patterned papers: CTMH Mistletoe (2010),
  • stamped image: Elf Oliver from Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps (Christmas 2010 release). Coloured with Copic Markers.
  • stamped sentiment: Verve "Ornamental Christmas" (my first time cracking open this stamp set. It's new to me - bought it a few months back - but looking at the code on it I think it might have been released in 2008).
  • layout: Sketch Saturday #185
additional challenges for this card:
Thanks for stopping by! Hope you are all having a wonderful day!

7 comments:

Tanya R said...

There is nothing better than vintage looking design papers. This is just wonderful! What a cute elf.
Hugs
Tanya

Deb said...

Beautiful card!
Many thanks for joining in the Cute Card Thursday Challenge this week!
have a fabulous, crafty day, Debxx

Digi Darla said...

Great Cards....
Thanks that you shared please visit my challenge blog...
xxxDigidarlaxxx

Digidarla.com

Melanie Reid said...

The papers go so well together. The card design is very well thought out. I miss the creative basics paper packets. Thanks for letting us know about the Tuesday challenges. I'll have to keep that in mind for the new year.

Steph said...

What a sweet card! Love the papers and colours you've used x

Cazza said...

This is a fabulous card, what a super cute image!
Thanks for joining in the fun with us this week over at Sketch Saturday :o)
Hugs,
Cazza
xxx

RiNNE said...

So awesome! Love the papers and your coloring!