The Stamps I Use

Monday, January 9, 2012

First Valentine of 2012

Hi folks,

while I was making the birthday card for our youngest cat, I was inspired by something that I saw Kelly is  challenging herself to do - use up some stuff! Images that are already coloured, supplies that should be used or should find a new home...that sort of thing.

Now the papers are new to me but the image is one I had sitting in a pile on my desk and, though it is actually part of the Get Well Abby collection from PaperWorksCo, I think it is perfect for all sorts of occasions. With Valentine's Day coming up, I took the opportunity to whip up a quick Valentine's Day card for one of our nieces. No need to spend a couple of hours colouring, no need to ponder over papers. It matched wonderfully with the papers already on my table for Newton's card! I even used the same sketch!




card details:

  • finished size: 5.5 x 5.5 inches, CTMH Chocolate cardstock base
  • stamped image: "Get Well Abby" from the PaperWorksCo "A Day in the life of Abigail C" collection, coloured with Copic Markers (E000, E00, E01, E93, BG000, BG01, BG45, BG49, Y04, R22, R21). Sadly, PWCO closed their doors on January 1st but if you are interested in getting this stamp, stop by the store site and drop an email to Peggy at the email contact left in the post on the main page. I'm sure if she has the stamp in her left-over stock she would be happy to hook you up.
  • sentiment: CTMH Seasonal Celebration
  • patterned papers: My Mind's Eye: Lime Twist - Life of the Party
  • Spellbinders: Petite Circles
  • EK Success Scalloped Scallops Border punch
additional challenges for this card:

1 comment:

RiNNE said...

Really bummed about PWCO. Love your coloring of Abby. Wonderful card!