if you are a friend of mine on Facebook then you know that one of dearly beloved's D&D pals recently gave me a crazy cat lady mug. And this post kind of reveals why. Today is our youngest cat's fourth birthday. Did he get a special birthday meal? Yes - tuna. Did he get a birthday present? Yes - a bunch actually. Did he get a birthday card? Well OF COURSE!!!
Here's our Newton with his birthday card (he kept pawing at it, knocking it over so this was the only good shot we got).
And here's the card up nice and close.
- finished size: 5.5 x 5.5 inches, CTMH chocolate card base
- stamped images: The Greeting Farm - cat is from "Ginger Bell", cupcake and candle is from "Susie Surprise". If I am not mistaken, both sets are retired since I can't find them in the active product list. The cat is coloured with Copic Markers (Y0000, Y000, Y32, Y35, Y38, E93, Y17 for the candle tip) and I used a fave texturing technique I learned from my crafty pal Tanya for some added dimension to the fur. I dabbed a terry face cloth in Copic Colorless blender and then lightly held it to the image for a couple of seconds. I LOVE using this on animal fur. Best...copic...tip...EVER!!!! And I just paper pieced the cupcake.
- sentiment: Verve Big Wish
- patterned papers: My Mind's Eye: Lime Twist - Life of the Party
- Spellbinders: Petite Circles
- EK Success Scalloped Scallops Border Punch
- layout: Farm Fresh Friday Spyday #14 (I actually did two cards, one with a TGF image and one with a PaperWorksCo image. I'll share that card in a different post)
additional challenges for this card:
- Card Crafter's Circle #4: Make it colorful
- Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge #167: Let them eat cake!
- Birthday Sundaes #38: Birthday card
Thanks for stopping by! Hope you are all having a lovely day!