The Stamps I Use

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Happy Birthday NewNew!!

Hi folks,

if you are a friend of mine on Facebook then you know that one of dearly beloved's D&D pals recently gave me a crazy cat lady mug. And this post kind of reveals why. Today is our youngest cat's fourth birthday. Did he get a special birthday meal? Yes - tuna. Did he get a birthday present? Yes - a bunch actually. Did he get a birthday card? Well OF COURSE!!!

Here's our Newton with his birthday card (he kept pawing at it, knocking it over so this was the only good shot we got).



And here's the card up nice and close.




card details:

  • finished size: 5.5 x 5.5 inches, CTMH chocolate card base
  • stamped images: The Greeting Farm - cat is from "Ginger Bell", cupcake and candle is from "Susie Surprise". If I am not mistaken, both sets are retired since I can't find them in the active product list. The cat is coloured with Copic Markers (Y0000, Y000, Y32, Y35, Y38, E93, Y17 for the candle tip) and I used a fave texturing technique I learned from my crafty pal Tanya for some added dimension to the fur. I dabbed a terry face cloth in Copic Colorless blender and then lightly held it to the image for a couple of seconds. I LOVE using this on animal fur. Best...copic...tip...EVER!!!! And I just paper pieced the cupcake.
  • sentiment: Verve Big Wish
  • patterned papers: My Mind's Eye: Lime Twist - Life of the Party
  • Spellbinders: Petite Circles
  • EK Success Scalloped Scallops Border Punch
  • layout: Farm Fresh Friday Spyday #14 (I actually did two cards, one with a TGF image and one with a PaperWorksCo image. I'll share that card in a different post)
additional challenges for this card:

12 comments:

Pauline said...

Oh HAPPY BIRTHDAY NEWTON!!! This is fabulous... what a delightful image. I love your layout! Thanks for sharing at the Card Crafter's Circle!

Jennifer said...

Oh how awesome for you to make your cat a card! It's a wonderful one with all those cupcakes on it! Did he get one to eat to? Thanks for joining us at Card Crafter's Circle!

grandmabonnie said...

Cute, cute, Cute...i love Greeting Farm Stamps and i love what you did with them! Awesome! Thanks for joining us at Card Crafter's Circle!

downrightcrafty said...

Gorgeous card and perfect cake, so yummy, thank you for joining us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge
Hugs Kate xx
ps I have some new candy if you are interested :)

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

Thanks for joining our "Let them eat cake" challenge this week on SECRET CRAFTER SATURDAY CHALLENGE :)

Hugs Jane x

Andie's Space said...

Hi Sheena,
This looks fab. I love the image & that you paper pieced the icing on the cupcake. It looks wonderful. Thanks for joining us at Secret Crafter's Saturday Challenge this week.
Hugs,
Andie xx

Sarah Cooper said...

awwe.... want to snuggle him, even if it would be dangerous. ;O) I LOVE the card!

Maribel said...

OH my gosh! I absolutely love this card. What a cute image! The papers that you chose are gorgeous too! Thank you for playing along with us at Birthday Sundaes!
Maribel

RiNNE said...

This card is perfect for him!!! Your coloring is spectacular and your DP is purr-fect (hahaha!). :)

RiNNE said...

Also, if you put colorless blender on denim, you can gave real-textured jeans!!

Sonia said...

What a lovely card, love the pussy cat :)Thanks for joining in with the 'Secret crafters Saturday challenge' this week.
Hugs Sonia xx

Buladi said...

What a super cute birthday card.Image of the cat is very funny. you paper pieced the icing on the cupcake.

Plastic Card
Plastic Cards