The Stamps I Use

Saturday, January 21, 2012

January 2012 Viva La Verve Week 2

Hi folks,

Below is the sketch for the January 2012 Week 2 Viva La Verve Challenge over on SCS.




After my failure to use the first sketch for a congratulations on your engagement card, I did meet with success on this one. Mind you, I don't have that particular sentiment in my rather vast collection of verve stamps. Can you imagine! Nothing for an engagement. So I settled for just congrats.



I find it looks a bit bold in the photo.....that tulip pink really stands out against the black and cream. Not to mention that paisley swirl paper. I hope they like it.  Originally I had thought to use one of my PWCO wedding or love images for their card but I wasn't in a colouring mood when I made the card so....just a sentiment. Plus, I was kind of excited by all the new Verve that showed up in the mailbox this week.

card details:

  • finished size: 4.25 x 5.5 inches, white cardstock base, CTMH Tulip cardstock for mats, etc
  • patterned papers: Basic Grey Bittersweet
  • stamps: Verve Swirling Hearts, Wordy Birds
  • dies/punches: Spellbinders Petite Circles, Verve Vintage Oval Die, corner rounder punch

additional challenges for this card

Thanks for stopping by today! I think I MAY actually take down the Christmas tree today....just as soon as I pop out to Michael's to take advantage of the 25% off your entire purchase coupon and the 40% off Martha Stewart Valentine's day stuff. I'm hoping to find a heart border punch....at 65% off that WOULD be a good thing.....

3 comments:

Sheryl Hare said...

Hiya Sheena, I really like this - its good sometimes to move away from your usual style and this has really worked. Thank you for joining us at INCY WINCY this week. Good Luck, hugs Sheryl xx

RiNNE said...

This is beautiful!! I really love those papers! You did such a phenomenal job on the sketch!

BTw, I forgot to mention that my bloggy friend, Margie, started a book review online. It's very new and she usually likes fantasy:

Uggh, blogger or my phone won't let me paste the link. She's Margie Cortina and her blog title is Bumbles and fairytales -- I'm sure you can google it!

Angélique said...

Gorgeous project! :)
Thanks for joining us at BasicGrey Challenges

*hugs*
Angélique