The Stamps I Use

Sunday, January 15, 2012

January SFYTT - Let Christmas 2012 begin!

I know, I know. I'm starting my 2012 Christmas Cards and I haven't even taken down the Christmas tree yet. Yes, you ARE reading that correctly. It is January 15th and my Christmas tree is still up.

My rule is that it can't be taken down until after January 6th (old Christmas day)...but it has to be down before Valentine's day. Otherwise it becomes a Valentine's day tree.

I decided to use the January 2012 SFYTT layout for my first ten Christmas cards for 2012. Here's a pic of the sketch....



and here are my cards. All ten of them. All different - but using a mix of the same papers and four different polar bear images.













card details:

  • finished size: 4.25 x 5.5 inches, kraft cardstock
  • patterned papers: Basic Grey Jovial
  • stamped images: by Sunshine Designs from The Stamp Barn (CRS057CU lg). I picked this set up some time ago from Heather's Stamping Haven here in Ottawa. The images are coloured with PrismaColor pencils (because the cream coloured card stock isn't Copic friendly). PC925, PC916, PC938, PC918, PC911, PC904.
  • sentiment: CTMH Seasonal Celebrations
  • Spellbinders: Petite Circles
 additional challenges for these cards:
Hope you are all having a lovely weekend! Thanks for stopping by!

10 comments:

Sarah Cooper said...

Valentine's Tree you say... I liiike it. Picturing your tree decked out in red shiny hearts and heaps of pink glitter! ;O)

Danielle said...

Look at you go! Gorgeous cards Sheena - those polar bears are so cute!
Hugs, Danielle

SuzanneK said...

Wow, nothing like being organised. All very cute love the stamp set. Thanks for joining us at LIIU, good luck, Hugz Suzanne

pat said...

great cards! love the sketch. Thanks for playing along this week.

Brigitte said...

Love your Christmas tree story, lol!!! Wow, you made 10 cards in a row, this is amazing!!! You will have 500 by next Holiday Season! Thanks for joining us this week at CCC and we hope to see you again next challenge. Hugs, Brigitte

Tanya R said...

ADORABLE image. Yummy papers too. Love the poinsettia pattern, a fave of mine.
Hugs
Tanya

Tammy (LaDiva) said...

Great job!!!!!! Thanks for sharing in Let’s Ink It Up’s *Anything Goes* challenge and good luck !

Hugzzz

Tammy, LIIU DT from Créations LaDiva :) xx

Katie said...

Very cute set of cards! Thanks for joining us at Christmas Card Challenges this week :)

RiNNE said...

Wow, Sheena!!! Looove how you made so many beautiful cards!! Those images are so cute!! & those papers are all divine! Thanks for joining in at CCC!

And I always said the longer the tree is up, the better :).

Amy Sheffer said...

Awesome card set, Sheena! Thanks for joining us at SFYTT!