The Stamps I Use

Sunday, January 29, 2012

My Shoebox Gathering Creation

Hi folks,

Before Christmas I asked some of my crafty pals if they would be interested in having a little "shoebox" get together from time to time. If you are familiar with the idea of a "shoebox" get together it goes something like this - everyone makes a sample card and brings enough supplies for everyone else who is attending to make the same card. Since I've never done this before, I suggested we keep it fairly simple since we are all of different skill levels and experience when it comes to making cards. Then there's me -- "Miss slower than cold molasses running uphill" when it comes to CERTAIN aspects of card-making (seriously,  I am the slowest person I know when it comes to colouring) and not everyone likes to colour or has the supplies for colouring.

Anyways, taking all of that into consideration, I came up with this fairly clean and simple card.






As you can see, I did two versions of it so the gals can choose for themselves which version they prefer. The papers are double-sided so it makes it easy to pick one or the other. The only thing I  had to cut extras of were the hearts since the die is not symmetrical and has a different orientation if you flip over the die cut. I'm also going to leave it up to the gals to decide which sentiment they want to put on their cards - I do have a LOT at my disposal so.....

I've even got the bows already tied and ready to be attached to the cards -thank goodness for my Bow Easy!

I'll share with you tomorrow what the other gals had for us to create - the other three cards were just fantastic and VERY creative. Mine was definitely the simplest of the lot. I'm going to have to up my game for the next gathering!

card details:
  • finished size: 4.25 x 5.5 inches, kraft cardstock base
  • patterned papers: Martha Stewart Mat Stack
  • stamps: Verve Love Notes
  • die cut: Verve Jotted Heart
  • rhinestones: Stampin' Up 
  • brown satin ribbon from my stash (Fabricland). I finally used it ALL up for the shoebox supplies (I've had it for a year or so at least, so now I get to buy more!)
challenges for these cards:

15 comments:

Sarah Cooper said...

I liiike it... the keys especially. :O)

WencheP said...

Very elegant! I like it! Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

Franz♥ said...

Love your style, simply and elegant!

Thanks for playing along with us at Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge this week.

Hugs, Franz.

Lisa Jane said...

oh i love the CAS design.. and the one with the keys is just fabulous
Lisa x

downrightcrafty said...

a gorgeous creation and lovely use of the ribbon, thank you so much for sharing your lovely work with us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge
Hugs Kate xx
ps I have candy if you are interested :)

Heather B said...

Great card!! I love that you gave the participants the option. Sometimes one style suits us more than others, right? Thanks for playing with us at Use it Tuesday!!!

Irini said...

I think you did a fabulous job, your cards are lovely!
Thanks for playing along with us at Use It Tuesday!
hugz
irini

Steph said...

What a fab idea- how fun! 2 gorgeous cards, love the simple elegance of them! Thanks for joining us at Anything Goes, hope to see you again soon! x

princesskitten said...

Super simple look

kitten - DYSU team

Pauline said...

These are just fabulous! Love the colour combo!
Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week!

Linny said...

Fab cards.Thank you for joining in at Secret Crafter Saturday challenge. Love the colour scheme on your card.Linda x

Gaynor said...

Just beautiful, love the colours, thanks for sharing with us at Anything goes, hope to see you again, Gaynor DT :)

Helen said...

Gorgeous cards!
Thanks for joining us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge!
Helen x

Debs said...

Two fabulous cards - love them both equally.
Thanks for sharing it with us at AOBG this time.
Good luck.
Debs xx

RiNNE said...

Beautiful job, Sheena!