The Stamps I Use

Monday, January 2, 2012

Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge 149

Hi folks,

It was with a heavy heart that I made this card. A childhood friend of mine passed away on December 29th at the age of 42 (same age as me) after being diagnosed two weeks previously with stomach cancer. I wanted her Mom to know that I was thinking of her at this difficult time. My friend was an only child and her Dad committed suicide when we were teenagers. Her Mom does have the loving support of their extended family and dear friends but I am sure that this was devastating.


Though the last time I saw Nancy was at her cousin's wedding (I was the Maid of Honour and she was one of the bridesmaids), I remember her fondly, always smiling and ready to lift your spirits if you were feeling down.

card details:

additional challenges for this card:

2 comments:

Tanya R said...

A beautiful card. Sorry to hear of your loss, I am sure this will be received lovingly.

Hugs
Tanya

Sunghee said...

Oh no... I am so sorry. It saddens me deepely. I hope her families r doing well. Your card is beautiful.