well, I really wanted to play along with this month's TGF customer challenge over at SCS and lucky for me there were actually three themes with which you could choose to play along.
- favourite children's book
- favourite book turned into a movie
- favourite book
Well, I don't have kids so trying to come up with a kid's book was difficult for me (there's still time to play along so I MAY still come up with something).
Favourite book? Hmmm....well, that might be a struggle as most of the books that appeal to me don't really have a TGF kind of image that I could use (I read a lot of horror, sci-fi, fantasy....)...or I don't have the stamp (I was thinking of The Help but I don't have the H&G Laundry image. THAT would have been awesome!) I do have Sassenach Anya and Laddie Ian so I may try to find the time to do an Outlander themed card.
But I did come up with a "favourite book turned into a movie" inspired card. If you know me in real life, you know that I LOVE to cook...and I have rather an extensive cookbook collection. I stopped counting years ago and have outgrown the special place in the kitchen that dearly beloved created for me in our island for all of my cookbooks.
Anyways, since I chose Cupcake Anya as my digi for having my card spied on TGF Friday Spyday this week, I REALLY wanted to use her on my card. So I thought to myself ... "Julie & Julia"! I loved this movie and totally channel the great Julia Childs when I cook -- I'm a firm believer in heavy cream and butter (if you are a FB friend you may recall my butterhenge and great wall of butter photos...)
Here's my card -- with two of my Julia Childs cookbooks....one of which is the book from which Julie was cooking in the movie/book.
and a close up of the card itself....
I THOUGHT I was closer on the colours of the books...but I missed it on the blue. grrr..
anyways, that's my card for the challenge!
- finished size: 6x6 inches, CTMH chocolate card stock base
- Cupcake Anya Digi from The Greeting Farm, coloured with Copic Markers (E000, E00, E01, E93, E35, E37, E47, E49, E57, R22, R24, R27, BG11, BG23, BG32, BG34)
- sentiment: Verve Carpe Cupcake
- patterned papers: My Mind's Eye Lime Twist "Life of the Party"
- Spellbinders: Petite Oval
- EK Success Scalloped Scallops border punch
- some bling courtesy of pink half-back pearls from my stash
- layout: CPS 252
additional challenges for this card:
- Papertake Weekly Challenge: Buttons, bows, bling and blooms (use at least one - well, Anya has bows in her hair and my patterned papers have blooms!)
- Shopping our Stash Challenge #35: Across the border
- Sentimental Sundays #86: Die Cuts
- Anyone for Anya: Bling it on!
thanks for stopping by! Hope everyone is having a fantastic day!