The Stamps I Use

Sunday, January 22, 2012

TGF Customer Challenge - Book turned Movie

Hi folks,

well, I really wanted to play along with this month's TGF customer challenge over at SCS and lucky for me there were actually three themes with which you could choose to play along.

  • favourite children's book
  • favourite book turned into a movie
  • favourite book
Well, I don't have kids so trying to come up with a kid's book was difficult for me (there's still time to play along so I MAY still come up with something).

Favourite book? Hmmm....well, that might be a struggle as most of the books that appeal to me don't really have a TGF kind of image that I could use (I read a lot of horror, sci-fi, fantasy....)...or I don't have the stamp (I was thinking of The Help but I don't have the H&G Laundry image. THAT would have been awesome!) I do have Sassenach Anya and Laddie Ian so I may try to find the time to do an Outlander themed card.

But I did come up with a "favourite book turned into a movie" inspired card. If you know me in real life, you know that I LOVE to cook...and I have rather an extensive cookbook collection. I stopped counting years ago and have outgrown the special place in the kitchen that dearly beloved created for me in our island for all of my cookbooks. 

Anyways, since I chose Cupcake Anya as my digi for having my card spied on TGF Friday Spyday this week, I REALLY wanted to use her on my card. So I thought to myself ... "Julie & Julia"! I loved this movie and totally channel the great Julia Childs when I cook -- I'm a firm believer in heavy cream and butter (if you are a FB friend you may recall my butterhenge and great wall of butter photos...)

Here's my card -- with two of my Julia Childs cookbooks....one of which is the book from which Julie was cooking in the movie/book.




and a close up of the card itself....



I THOUGHT I was closer on the colours of the books...but I missed it on the blue. grrr..

anyways, that's my card for the challenge!

card details:
additional challenges for this card:
thanks for stopping by! Hope everyone is having a fantastic day!

11 comments:

SAMARA NAVI said...

This is the absolute cutest! I love your paper...I have this paper in a Taylored Expressions Kit from this month!! You have made your card so great with the panels...they are so effective with your image...your image just pops right out. And your coloring is fantastic! Thanks for bringing your card to Sentimental Sundays. Our Joy! Luv Samara

Rene said...

Oh my! I was checking out the challenge this week at Anyone for Anya and saw your GORGEOUS card! This is seriously the most adorable, beautiful, fantastic card I've seen all day! FABULOUS!!!!
Rene :D

Paige said...

love the card sketch you used and the fab patterned papers! thanks for joining us at SOS!

Calypso's Crafts said...

Super sweet card!!! Love the card design and that darling image. Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays,

Hugs,
Calypso

Calypso's Crafts said...

Super sweet card!!! Love the card design and that darling image. Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays,

Hugs,
Calypso

RiNNE said...

Awww, Sheena!! Great showcasing of the book/ movie!! I really like that movie and adore Meryl Streep & Amy Adams! Your Cupcake Anya is colored amazingly and I'm in love with the sketch & papers!

Debi said...

Your card is lovely! Thank you for playing along with the Papertake Weekly challenge.

Jennie said...

Adorable design and love the dp and image you used. Great job on the CPS sketch and thanks for playing along with us this week!

Feebsy said...

I spotted your card on "Anyone for Anya?"and think it's brilliant. I really like the colours you've used, the papers and layout are all fab and the greeting makes me smile. Gorgeous colouring as well - oh dear I'm gushing. It really is a lovely card though.

Feebsy
xx

Jennipher said...

Nice work! Patterns are complimentary, everything is perfect. Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays.

Dangina Martinez said...

OMG! This such an adorable card. Love the DP, one of my favorite pads. Thank You for joining in this week at Anyone For Anya challenge. Good Luck!
Tons of Hugs, Dangina