Well, it's been a few days but I am back again with a card for the last of March Madness Challenges over at The Greeting Farm. This week's theme was "Mad About Tea Parties". From the TGF blog:
Create a card or project that is tea party related. Think Alice in Wonderland-ish/ Coffee/ Hot Cocoa, Mad Hatter, even a Get-well card /w tea..think as much or as little beyond the 'cup and saucer' as you wish!
Hmmmmm.....an excellent opportunity to do another card which has been sitting in the back of my head for some time now ... "unbirthday" card! Those of you familiar with the movie "Alice in Wonderland" will probably remember the scene where Alice stumbles upon the "unbirthday" tea party.
Well, using the "Twisted Tea" digi from The Greeting Farm, I came up with this card
I went for a dramatic colour palette, the black/white/shades of grey with the intense reds for her hair and cake decorations. Kind of reminiscent of the Red Queen maybe?
I took my inspiration for the sentiment from an illustration in a very old comic book by Walt Disney called "Unbirthday Party with Alice in Wonderland". It's computer generated except for the M which is from one of my CTMH alphabet sets.
- finished size: 5.5 x 5.5 inches, black card stock base
- patterned paper: some REALLY old CTMH. If I am not mistaken, this is among some of the first papers I bought from CTMH many, many moons ago, back when I first got in to making cards
- digital image: Twisted Tea from The Greeting Farm, coloured with Copic Markers (C00, C0, C1, C2, C3, C4, C5, C6, C7, C8, C9, R22, R24, R27, R29, R35, R37, R39, R56, R59). By way of explanation about the reds, I originally started with the R2x series but didn't like the brighter colour so I layered the others on top, to get a bluer red, well kind of burgundy really.
- black, white and burgundy ribbon from my stash
- gems from my stash.
- Spellbinders Wonky Rectangles
additional challenges for this card:
- Tuesday Throwdown #90: Spring Cleaning (use items from your stash you've been hoarding). That black & white paper definitely qualifies.
- Cute Card Thursday #209: Anything goes
- Card Crafter's Circle #15: Tic Tac Toe: I did bling, ribbon and die cuts.
- One Stitch at a time #106: Anything Goes
- One Crazy Stamper March Challenge: Birthdays
So that's it for the March Madness challenges. Wish me luck! oh....for those of you who may not know what the March Madness challenge were all about..... here's the deets from the TGF blog:
What IS March Madness?
For 3 weeks in March, we'll be going "MAD" with a few different themes! We will draw ONE RANDOM WINNER who completes ALL THREE THEMES and the prize?
THREE SINGLES of choice or 1 single and 1 4x6 set!
But WAIT! There's MORE! In addition to the one random winner at the end of the 3 weeks, the DT will be choosing their "SECRET FAVES"...one from each of the THREE WEEKS. You will all go MAD wondering who those secret faves are!
At the end of the contest, those THREE secret faves from each week's theme will be posted on our FACEBOOK page and YOU GUYS will vote to determine our MARCH MADNESS HATTER...and that is NOT a title that Jess gives up easily, LOL!
Our VOTED winner will also win THREE SINGLES of choice or 1 single and 1 4x6 set!
The three winners will be announced and voted on MARCH 28th beginning at 8am