The Stamps I Use

Sunday, March 4, 2012

March Shoebox Gathering

Hi folks,

well today we went ahead with our March Shoebox Gathering with just two of us able to attend. Life's mishaps got in the way with a dislocated shoulder for one of the girls and a very sick child for the other. But not to fret! The two of us that went ahead are keeping the supplies set aside for our fellow crafty girls for the next gathering!

But I'm going to show you what the two of us made anyway - we decided to double-up and each brought two cards for the other to make.



Care to guess what our theme was for this month? Yep - grown-up masculine cards.

Here are close-ups of the two cards that my friend Dominique brought for me to make. Feel free to ooh and ahhh over her designs.

This first card uses papers from a wedding stack that she got at Michaels. I might have to track this one down - good masculine papers don't you think? I'm pretty sure the gears are Tim Holtz and the stamp (not sure of the manufacturer) but she got it at Heather's Stamping Haven here in Ottawa. The image was stamped twice, with the pocket watch cut out of the second image, accented with some really nice metallic paint and then popped up on dimensionals.




This second card uses more papers from Michaels. I have these in my own collection and are faves for masculine cards. I believe they are Gartner Studios - Bon Voyage. Love the old style sailing ship image. Reminds me of a replica ship called "The Matthew" that visited my home-town in Newfoundland a few years ago. I believe she also got this one at Heather's Stamping Haven. I see I am going to have to add this one to my collection (even though I have a more modern sailing ship in my own stamp collection). And there's another Tim Holtz gear...kind of looks like a ship's wheel!




I'll do separate posts for the cards I contributed for today's Shoebox Gathering - since I did them using a couple of sketch challenges that were posted this week.

Thanks for stopping by! Hope you all had a lovely weekend!

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Oh I love these Sheena! Great guy cards and super images used on both!
Hugs, Danielle

RiNNE said...

Amazing masculine cards! I love the stamps and those metallic charms!! Very steam punk-ish!! I hope that it isn't Tanya with the sick ones and if it is, that they get better soon!