The Stamps I Use

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

A Milestone Birthday


Hi folks,

well, I have come to the conclusion that I am not cut out to make cards "on request" for other people. My hat goes off to those of you who actually DO make commission pieces.


A couple of weeks ago, a co-worker asked me if I could make a card for his Mom. His guidelines were

  • she's going to be 85
  • her birthday is on St. Patrick's day (but her card doesn't need to be Patty's day related as she isn't Irish - though her name IS Patricia)
  • she doesn't like frue-frue girlie stuff (probably because she raised four sons!)
You would NOT believe how much I fretted over making the card. I finally sat down to make it this past Sunday night after delaying, delaying, delaying. I finally decided not to focus on the fact that I was asked to make the card and just made it.

This is what I came up with....





card details:

  • finished size: 6x6 inches, CTMH Cocoa cardstock base
  • patterned papers: Basic Grey Marjolaine
  • stamps: Verve
  • letter die cuts: Cuttlebug
  • brads from my stash
  • layout: Pixie Cottage Sketch #109

I hope she likes it! Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: