well, I have come to the conclusion that I am not cut out to make cards "on request" for other people. My hat goes off to those of you who actually DO make commission pieces.
A couple of weeks ago, a co-worker asked me if I could make a card for his Mom. His guidelines were
- she's going to be 85
- her birthday is on St. Patrick's day (but her card doesn't need to be Patty's day related as she isn't Irish - though her name IS Patricia)
- she doesn't like frue-frue girlie stuff (probably because she raised four sons!)
You would NOT believe how much I fretted over making the card. I finally sat down to make it this past Sunday night after delaying, delaying, delaying. I finally decided not to focus on the fact that I was asked to make the card and just made it.
This is what I came up with....
- finished size: 6x6 inches, CTMH Cocoa cardstock base
- patterned papers: Basic Grey Marjolaine
- stamps: Verve
- letter die cuts: Cuttlebug
- brads from my stash
- layout: Pixie Cottage Sketch #109
I hope she likes it! Thanks for stopping by.