The Stamps I Use

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Viva La Verve - April Week 1

Hi folks,

I managed to get into the craft room today to work on a few more Easter cards. I decided to use the sketch from Week 1 of the April Viva La Verve Challenges over at Splitcoaststampers.



Another fairly clean and simple layout! My kind of style...worked out great for making four more Easter cards with some new (to me) Verve!

I kept the first three with a portrait oreintation, switching up the papers and stamps so they would each be different.





And for the last one, I switched to a landscape orientation.




If you if you click on one of the chocolate bunny cards to "embiggen" the picture, you might notice the texture of his fur. I achieved this with a neat trick I learned from Tanya - putting some Copic Colorless blender solution on a terry cloth and holding it for a few seconds on the image after it has been coloured.

card details:

  • finished size: 4.25 x 5.5 inches, kraft cardstock base
  • patterned papers: Basic Grey "Hopscotch" (cards 1 and 4), My Mind's Eye Lime Twist "Life of the Party" (cards 2 and 3)
  • stamps: Verve "Bunny Shake", "Egg-stra Special". The images are all coloured with Copics. The brown bunny is coloured with E21, E23, E25. The white bunny is coloured with W00, W0. The chick in the egg is coloured with W0, W00, Y38, Y00, Y02, Y04, Y06.
additional challenges for these cards:

5 comments:

TannyP said...

Super cute cards...and you just made me realize that I missed out on the March VLV challenges! ARGH! =( Fabulous use of all those awesome Verve stamps. Thanks so much for joining The Sisterhood of Crafters for our Easter Challenge!

RiNNE said...

Those papers are just perfect for the stamps!

Chrizette said...

Just love your cards! So cute (my favourite is the last one). Thank you for joining us at Going Grey with Scrap-Creations this week!

Chrizette
DT Member
Celestial Things

Deb said...

Beautiful cards!
Many thanks for joining in the
♥Cute Card Thursday Challenge♥
this week! Have a great weekend ♥Debxx

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

WOW ... you've been busy! These are FABULOUS!! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood ‘EASTER’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS