The Stamps I Use

Monday, April 9, 2012

A Strawberry Shortcake kind of birthday

Hi folks,

the eldest daughter of dear friends of ours celebrated her 6th birthday on Good Friday. She requested a Strawberry Shortcake themed birthday cake and I assisted in the hunt for a cute little toy as the cake topper (it's convenient to work in office tower attached to a mall).

So, I thought I should try to do a card with a similar theme for her. I knew I had some paper covered with yummy strawberries in my stash (thanks to my DT work with PaperWorksCo) and promptly pulled it out for this card.



I am quite pleased with how the card turned out. I coloured this new TGF image (from the Sitting Lovely set) with what I hope are close matches to Strawberry Shortcake's clothing colours.

card details:
  • finished size: 5.5 x 5.5 inches, CTMH Chocolate card stock
  • patterned paper, ric rac and butterfly dew drops from the June 2010 PaperCard Kit from PaperWorksCo featuring papers from Doodlebug designs 
  • stamped image: "Sitting Lovely" from The Greeting Farm, coloured with Copic Markers (E0000, E000, E00, E01, E93, E21, E23, E25, E27, E29, RV02, RV04, RV06, YG05, YG06)
  • sentiment stamp: CTMH
  • Spellbinders: Petite Circles, Scalloped Circles
  • Cuttlebug die cut number (I forget which alphabet but I THINK it is "You're not the boss of me")
  • layout: TGF Saturday Sketch Challenge #8 on SCS from a couple of weeks ago.
Challenges for this card:
  • Flutter By Wednesday #197: my butterflies are in the form of the three butterfly dew drops in the upper right corner of the card.

Thanks for stopping by! Hope you are having a wonderful day!

No comments: