The Stamps I Use

Monday, April 16, 2012

TGF April Retro-Fresh

Hi folks,

I popped into the craft room again tonight to play along with the April Retro-Fresh Challenge over at The Greeting Farm (I just couldn't bear to keep watching the hockey game).

This month's challenge is "April Showers and more". Not just April showers, but any weather inspired project will do - as long as the image you use is more than six months old from TGF.

Since my favourite season is Autumn, I decided to go with a card that reminds me of fresh autumn days here in Ottawa - playing hooky from work with my sweetie and going for a motorcycle ride through the country-side, enjoying the clean, crisp air and the fall colours.


I'm planning to keep this card to give to my sweetie sometime this fall, as a suggestion that we take a "chill out" kind of day in the dying days of autumn.

Oh, and I couldn't help myself, I HAD to stamp the "Chill Out" sentiment on a maple leaf (being Canadian and all). I just wish I had an ", eh?" to go with it!

This challenge is open until Tuesday, May 8th so I may just play along again. If you are a TGF fan yourself, you should play along as well!

card details:

  • finished size: 5.5 x 5.5 inches, CTMH Cocoa card stock base
  • patterned papers: Basic Grey Wander
  • stamped image: Ian from "Special Autumn" from The Greeting Farm, coloured with Copic Markers.
  • sentiment: from the "My Guy Ian" set from The Greeting Farm
  • Spellbinders Wonky Rectangles, Cuttlebug Leaves 2x6 inch die


additional challenges for this card:


Thanks for stopping by! Hope you are having a lovely day!

oh, our local team LOST the game by the way. Darn it!

8 comments:

downrightcrafty said...

what a lovely creation and a great masculine card, thank you for joining us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge
Hugs Kate xx

Sheena said...

Lovely colours! Sheena xx

Kelly Bee said...

Love the wonky squares, eh?!

Tanya R said...

Suberb!!!!!!
Hugs
Tanya

Sonia said...

Thanks for joining in with the Secret Crafters Saturday Challenge this week.
Hugs Sonia xx

Andie's Space said...

Hi Sheena,
This looks fab. Love the image & gorgeous colour scheme. Thanks for joining us at Secret Crafter's Saturday Challenge this week.
Hugs,
Andie xx

Cathy Lee said...

Awesome card, Sheena. Such a sweet boy image. Thanks for joining us at CYP this week.
Hugz,
Cathy Lee

Sue said...

An awesome card. Thanks for joining us at OCS this month.