well I made it into the craft room today to work on a couple of cards for The Greeting Farms April Friday Customer Chat Night Challenge.
This month's challenge is to create a project inspired by a musical play or musical movie your TGF stamps. Well, lots of ideas came to mind during the chat on Friday night. Too many if truth be told! I have SO many ideas. I hope I can get into the craft room again before tomorrow's deadline to maybe make another one or two!
Now my favourite musicals would be hard to match up to TGF images. I'm a BIG fan of "Hedwig and the Angry Inch" and "Priscilla, Queen of the Desert". And pretty much any other musical involving drag queens. In fact, we just saw "Rent" AGAIN a month ago.
Anyways, I thought that my Flapper Anya image would make a great image for card inspired by the musical/movie "Chicago" - in particular, the promotional posters seen here.
So, what do you think?
The red glitter circle is supposed to be reminiscent of the red C behind the actors in the promo posters.
Not sure how well you can tell in the photos but EVERYTHING is glittered. The background white glitter papers are from Core'Dinations. The red glitter paper and silver glitter paper paper-pieced for Velma's dress/headband I got long ago at Heather's Stamping Haven. Roxie's dress/headband were actually glittered by hand. I stamped the image onto Sookwang tape I had applied to black cardstock, then cut it out and covered with a black microfine glitter (also from Heather's).
The over-the-top feather accent was a total "aha" moment. I had these little embellies in my stash from ages ago - picked up at Pritchard Packaging probably 2 years ago or more.
- finished size: 5.5 x 5.5 inches, black card stock base
- glitter papers: Core'Dinations and unknown
- stamped image: Flapper Anya from The Greeting Farm (coloured with E0000, E000, E00, E93 (skin), E50, E51, E53, 100 (Roxie), C3, C4, C5, C6, C7, C8, C9 (Velma))
- Spellbinders dies: Lacey Circles, Lattice Borderabilites
additional challenges for these cards:
- Pixie Cottage #116: Paper Piecing (for Velma)
- DYSU #67: Glitter/bling (for Roxie - well, both really since they both use only glitter card stock. Roxie goes an extra touch with a hand-glittered dress)
- Crafty Friends Challenges #2: Two Die Cuts
- Stamptacular Sunday Challenge #159: Freebie Week
- Corrosive Challenge #147: Hit the bottle (for my black glitter on Roxie)
- Paper Sundaes #116: Anything Goes
Thanks for stopping by! Hope you are having a great weekend!