The Stamps I Use

Sunday, April 15, 2012

TGFCCN5 - Musical Inspired

Hi folks,

well I made it into the craft room today to work on a couple of cards for The Greeting Farms April Friday Customer Chat Night Challenge.

This month's challenge is to create a project inspired by a musical play or musical movie your TGF stamps. Well, lots of ideas came to mind during the chat on Friday night. Too many if truth be told! I have SO many ideas. I hope I can get into the craft room again before tomorrow's deadline to maybe make another one or two!

Now my favourite musicals would be hard to match up to TGF images. I'm a BIG fan of "Hedwig and the Angry Inch" and "Priscilla, Queen of the Desert". And pretty much any other musical involving drag queens. In fact, we just saw "Rent" AGAIN a month ago.

Anyways, I thought that my Flapper Anya image would make a great image for card inspired by the musical/movie "Chicago" - in particular, the promotional posters seen here.

So, what do you think?

Velma?


Or Roxie?




The red glitter circle is supposed to be reminiscent of the red C behind the actors in the promo posters.

Not sure how well you can tell in the photos but EVERYTHING is glittered. The background white glitter papers are from Core'Dinations. The red glitter paper and silver glitter paper paper-pieced for Velma's dress/headband I got long ago at Heather's Stamping Haven. Roxie's dress/headband were actually glittered by hand. I stamped the image onto Sookwang tape I had applied to black cardstock, then cut it out and covered with a black microfine glitter (also from Heather's).

The over-the-top feather accent was a total "aha" moment. I had these little embellies in my stash from ages ago - picked up at Pritchard Packaging probably 2 years ago or more.

card details:

  • finished size: 5.5 x 5.5 inches, black card stock base
  • glitter papers: Core'Dinations and unknown
  • stamped image: Flapper Anya from The Greeting Farm (coloured with E0000, E000, E00, E93 (skin), E50, E51, E53, 100 (Roxie), C3, C4, C5, C6, C7, C8, C9 (Velma))
  • Spellbinders dies: Lacey Circles, Lattice Borderabilites
additional challenges for these cards:

Thanks for stopping by! Hope you are having a great weekend!


9 comments:

Denise @ kc242 said...

Wow such a cute card. Love your paper piecing and design. Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Pixie Cottage
Denise
PCDT

Heleen said...

This looks so lovely! Great collors you used. Thanks for joining us at stamptacular sunday this week. We hope to see you soon again.
Hugs,
Heleen

Céline said...

gorgeous !!!! love all the sparkle
thanks for playing with us at stamptacular sunday this week
hugs
céline

Beate said...

Both cards are adorable. I LOVE that you used glitter cardstock and those feathers. Awesome!
Thanks so much for participating in the Crafty Friends challenge.
Hugs and smiles

Jovan said...

OMG...these are too cute!

Pauline said...

These are just so sweet ! Gorgeous cards! Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week!

Linda Palmer said...

Great job on a darling card. Beautiful colors and coloring. Thanks for joining us at the Corrosive Challenge Blog.

Tanya R said...

Oooh lalala. LOVE the feathers.
Hugs
Tanya

Ren-Yi said...

Oui Oui! I love it... I really like these feathers and the spellbinder dies! Thanks for playing along with us at DYSU.