The Stamps I Use

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

May 2012 Viva La Verve Week 3

Hi folks!

Miss me? I know - it's been over a week since I last posted. It's gardening season and I feel like I am WAY behind on getting things done around the yard. If you are a friend on Facebook then you have seen the progress so far on the veggie garden and flower beds. I still have two of the larger flower beds left to prep and then I will be ready to plant the new annuals and perennials I have waiting on the front step to be planted. OI! Not to mention that I have to give all the berry bushes a healthy layer of manure and peat moss...AND I want to edge the flower beds with stones from our neighbouring farm that is no longer. Big sad face at the loss of the farm.....


ANYWAYS....back to today's cards. I'm playing catch-up on the May Viva La Verve Sketches from Verve's SCS forum. With these cards I am up to Week 3 - not sure if I will get the last two in before the midnight deadline on May 31st. Oh well....can't do it all I suppose.

Here is the week 3 sketch



and the two cards I made. The first one is a birthday card for a co-worker who celebrates tomorrow (YAY!!! cake!!!! -- I ALWAYS buy birthday cakes for my co-workers to celebrate -- what can I say, I love cake...and I like MOST of my co-workers)




And this Father's Day card - not sure yet which of our brothers (or maybe brother-in-law) will get this one but...it will be one of them!


card details:

  • finished size: 4.25 x 5.5 inches, kraft cardstock base
  • patterned papers: Basic Grey Marjolaine (oddly enough, I used this same paper collection for some of this year's Mother's Day cards!)
  • stamps: Verve "Joyful Blooms", "Super Dad", "Purely Sentimental"
  • dies: Verve "Rounded Rectangle" & "Ribbon Banner Die", Spellbinders Petite Circles
  • waxy flax hand-stitched on the Father's Day card

additional challenges for these cards:

Thanks for stopping by! Hopefully I can squeeze in some crafty time after work tomorrow to get those last two Verve sketch challenges done!

1 comment:

Joy said...

Fabulous card, love the card design, the CAS feel and the choices of pattern papers.. thanks for joining us at Simon Says Challenge blog