The Stamps I Use

Monday, July 30, 2012

On the run with Kraftin' Kimmie

Hi folks,

Look at that! I'm back....AGAIN!!! This time with an early August birthday card.

I took advantage of a big sale recently at Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps and compounded my savings with a coupon I had saved from when I purchased the Going Places set. I picked up a BUNCH of stamps - a BIG bunch. There was one in particular which I HAD TO HAVE to make a birthday card for my dearly beloved's sister.

Not only is she the mother of two and a hard-working police officer - she is EXCEPTIONALLY fit. She teaches boot camp fitness classes and has been known to take part in marathons AND triathlons. So it was with a little tongue in cheek that I made this card for her birthday this year...


and on the inside "You've just been young a LONG time!"  (funny since my dearly beloved is the oldest of all his siblings). And then I wrote our own personal message "it's about time you caught up to the rest of us".....  :)

card details:

  • finished size: 5.5 x 5.5 inches, white cardstock base
  • patterned papers: Echo Park Paper Co "Playground" (I thought the bunting banner paper was perfect with this image)
  • stamped sentiment: Little Paper Shop (I don't think they are in business any longer)
  • stamped image: Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps - Carol. Coloured with Copic Markers (E000, E00, E01, E31, E35, E39, E47, R85, BG000, BG01, BG02, B39)
  • layout: Feeling Sketchy Week #16 (too late to enter for the challenge but I liked the layout)
  • CTMH brads (holiday red)
additional challenges for this card:
Thanks for stopping by! That rounds out the last of the cards I made yesterday.....

2 comments:

alicaz said...

Fresh and fun! Lovely coloring and great papers too!
Thank you for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

Hugs, Alica ;)

Nana Diana said...

Great card, lovely bright and cheery colours. Thanks so much for playing along with Kraftin' Kimmie!!