I'm back! Has anyone else been finding it hard to get into the mood to create lately? I certainly have been avoiding my craft room - the garden, the kitchen, pretty much ANYTHING else - has been beckoning.
But my hiatus REALLY has to come to an end as I definitely have some (overdue) cards to make.
So, I got back into things with a little Verve - no surprise there - and a little MME (aren't you GLAD I didn't say Basic Grey Marjolaine - given that ALL my cards since May have been BG Marjolaine?).
I used the Week 1 Sketch for the July 2012 Viva La Verve Challenge over on SCS
and made these two birthday cards (one feminine, one masculine)
The feminine version (for a dear friend)
The masculine version (for another dear friend)
I quite like the layout and may have to keep this one in my pile 'o sketches for Christmas cards.
- finished size: 4.25 x 5.5 inches, kraft cardstock base
- patterned papers: My Mind's Eye "Paris & Co" SixBySix
- stamps: Verve "Small Celebrations" (BTW - Verve has a BIG sale on right now 20% off their stamps + a goody bag for order over $75 -- ooh, tempting!)
- Spellbinders Petite Ovals
- embellishments: ribbon from my stash, half-back pearl (1st card), Stampin' Up button (2nd card), CTMH Bamboo Waxy Flax (2nd card)
additional challenges for these cards:
- Cards For Men: Happy Birthday (for the masculine version of the card)
- Papertake Weekly Challenge - Anything Goes
- Clear It Out Challenge - Anything Goes with yellow (for the masculine version of the card)
thanks for stopping by! I do appreciate your visits and, if things go as I hope tomorrow, I be getting crafty!