The Stamps I Use

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Viva La Verve July 2012 Week 1

Hi folks!

I'm back! Has anyone else been finding it hard to get into the mood to create lately? I certainly have been avoiding my craft room - the garden, the kitchen, pretty much ANYTHING else - has been beckoning.

But my hiatus REALLY has to come to an end as I definitely have some (overdue) cards to make.

So, I got back into things with a little Verve - no surprise there - and a little MME (aren't you GLAD I didn't say Basic Grey Marjolaine - given that ALL my cards since May have been BG Marjolaine?).

I used the Week 1 Sketch for the July 2012 Viva La Verve Challenge over on SCS



and made these two birthday cards (one feminine, one masculine)

The feminine version (for a dear friend)



The masculine version (for another dear friend)



I quite like the layout and may have to keep this one in my pile 'o sketches for Christmas cards.

card details:

  • finished size: 4.25 x 5.5 inches, kraft cardstock base
  • patterned papers: My Mind's Eye "Paris & Co" SixBySix
  • stamps: Verve "Small Celebrations" (BTW - Verve has a BIG sale on right now 20% off their stamps + a goody bag for order over $75 -- ooh, tempting!)
  • Spellbinders Petite Ovals
  • embellishments: ribbon from my stash, half-back pearl (1st card),  Stampin' Up button (2nd card), CTMH Bamboo Waxy Flax (2nd card)
additional challenges for these cards:

thanks for stopping by! I do appreciate your visits and, if things go as I hope tomorrow, I be getting crafty!

3 comments:

Laura W said...

You know a sketch is great when it is so versatile! You did a great job on both cards. Thanks so much for joining us at the Clear it Out Challenge blog :)

Patricia St Martin said...

Wonderful cards. Love how you stayed with the theme. Thanks so much for joining us at Cards For Men Challenge. I love seeing your creation. Good luck on the challenge. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Patricia

Antonella said...

Love your interpretation of these sketches... Great cards!!!
Hugs, Antonella :-)
P.S. I followed your link, and am also participating, at Cards For Men... check out my post here: http://quilling.blogspot.com/2012/07/fabulous-friday-share-memories-freebies.html