The Stamps I Use

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Anni-Verve-sary Anniversary Challenge

Hi folks,

continuing with my cards for the Anni-Verve-sary challenges from Verve. The 2nd challenge is to create an anniversary card with wood or silver elements - fitting since this is Verve's 5th anniversary.


I chose to go with wood - my sweetie is a wood-worker and I have been known to raid his supply of wood veneers for my cards. As a matter of fact, I did just that for THIS card.



card details:

  • finished size: 5.5 x 5.5 inches, textured brown Bazzill cardstock for the base, white cardstock for layers.
  • patterned papers: Basic Grey "Bittersweet". I thought the light brown in the striped paper was a perfect match for the wood veneer I "borrowed" from my sweetie's woodshop. In fact the stripes worked out well because of the grain the veneer as well. 
  • stamps: Verve "Love Story", "Love Notes" (both sets are 20% off during the August Anniversary sale)
  • Spellbinders petite circles and scalloped squares
  • layout: Mojo Monday 247

Once again, I am entering this card in the Verve Card Carnival for a chance to win the entire release! I get all weak-kneed just thinking about the possibility!

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Andrea Ewen said...

What a lovely design, the colors are fabulous and the sentiment with the hearts is so cute! Thanks for playing along with our Card Carnival!

RiNNE said...

That is super cool how you included one of your hubby's wood veneers!