The Stamps I Use

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Viva La Verve August 2012 Week 1

Hi folks!

Well, I am going to try to stay on top of this month's Viva La Verve challenges. This and the next post will be of my cards for the Week 1 and Week 2 sketch challenges.

This is going to be a busy month of Verve challenge postings as August in the "Anni-Verve-sary" month and, in the monthly newsletter, there was a heads up regarding a series of challenges that begins on August 13. You know I am going to try to play along with all of them as anyone who does play along with all of the challenges is entered to win the entire August anniversary release! And it is a whopper worth over $300 in new Verve! Be still my heart!

Anyways, back to the cards.

Here is the sketch for the August Week 1 Viva La Verve Challenge over on SCS.



and here are my two cards:



I decided that for the August Viva La Verve challenges, I am once again going to try to stick to using one paper collection for all the cards. I have been wanting to do a set of black and white cards for a while now (to be included with another project if I ever get around to starting/finishing it) and figured this is as good a time as any to get started. So, get used to seeing these "Enchanted" papers from Bo Bunny for the next month. They'll be showing up in at least four posts!

card details:

  • finished size: 5.5 x 5.5 inches, black card stock base, red card stock accents
  • patterned papers: Bo Bunny "Enchanted"
  • stamps: Verve "Kind Words" (20% off until end of August because of the Anni-Verve-sary sale), flowers stamped in CTMH Hollyhock, sentiments in Memento Tuxedo Black
  • grey and red ribbons from my stash, half-back pearls also from my stash
additional challenges for these cards:

3 comments:

yyam said...

Such a classy card. Beautifully stamped and composed!

Gez said...

Beautiful card. Lovely colours. Thank you for joining the latest dare over at the Daring Cardmakers. Gez

RiNNE said...

The black and white with the deep red are so regal! So elegant!