I'm back with another of the back to school cards. This one for my eldest niece who, at the ripe old age of 17, is starting college this year (she won't be 18 until the end of October). Those of you who are frequent visitors will recognize the image - I used the same one (coloured differently) for a card for one of my other nieces as well.
- finished size: 5.5 x 5.5 inches, kraft card stock base
- patterned papers: Pink Paislee "Old School", distressed the edges with my scissors. Love the autumnal feel of these papers with the warm gold, orange, rust and barn red.
- stamped image: The Greeting Farm "Cheeky Geeky", outfit and headband are paper pieced. Rest of the image coloured with Copic Markers (E000, E00, E01, E93, E09, E50, E51, E53, E30) with CTMH Liquid Glass accents for the lenses in her glasses.
- sentiment: The Greeting Farm - Oliver & Amelia "Little Dreamer", stamped in CTMH White Daisy ink on a mini-chalkboard embellishment (from Pritchard Packaging here in Ottawa)
- layout: TGFSC29 from the TGF forum on SCS
additional challenges for this card:
- Crafty Creations Challenges #186: Back to school
- Pile It On #37 - Patterned Paper
- One Stitch at a time #130 - Under 18
- Raise The Bar - Celebrate Fall (I think a starting college card in autumnal colours is a good take on this challenge, don't you?)
As always, thanks for taking the time to pop by for a visit!