bright and early this morning - okay maybe not bright as the sun was not yet up, but definitely early, I found myself heading into the craft room at 6am to FINALLY get around to working on some cards for my nephew and nieces. I usually make end of school year cards for them but this year my colouring mojo just wasn't into it. So, the images that I STARTED colouring back in July are now being finished in September as back to school cards.
Last night, Jen Del Muro previewed the September SFYTT for her Facebook followers so I knew exactly which sketch I wanted to use for this card for my nephew.
Here's the sketch:
and here's the card:
- finished size: 4.25 x 5.5 inches, CTMH Sunflower card stock base
- patterned papers: Jillibean Soup "Atomic Soup"
- stamped image: The Greeting Farm's "Oliver and Amelia - Little Dreamer", coloured with Copic Markers (E000, E00, E01, E50, E51, E53, E55, Y38, E31, E33, E35, E37, YG23, YG25, YG13, YG17), CTMH Heavenly Blue sponged sky
- Spellbinders Deckled Rectangles
- CTMH Sunflower brads
Challenges for this card:
- No Matter Which Challenges #2 - Die Cuts and/or Punches (Spellbinders Deckled Rectangles)
- Shopping Our Stash Challenge #66: Favourite things (Let's see - there are so many, TGF Stamps, Spellbinders Dies and Patterned papers - I probably have too many of ALL of the above!)
- CCEE Stampers 1235: Back to school
- Unique Crafters Challenge Blog: Anything Goes
- DYSU #87 - Back To School