The Stamps I Use

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Crop & Create - Colour Suite Challenge

Hi folks,

well, this weekend I attended the Crop & Create Ottawa Event hosted by Scrapbook & Cards Today.  I was quite excited to be attending even though none of my crafty pals were able to join me. I'm absolutely exhausted today so I am keeping this post short. I had 3 hours of sleep Friday night and 2 spurts of 3 hours of sleep each this morning so....yawn.....lucky I had this post sitting in draft mode.

As part of the event, there were several challenges which were pre-posted so we could gather up our supplies, work on them at the crop or finish them ahead of time. It's a nice mix of challenges - for both scrap-bookers and card-makers. I stuck to my strength - card-making. The scrap-booking challenges are definitely good ones but scrap-booking is definitely not my area of expertise.

The Colour Suite challenge is suited to either scrap-bookers OR card-makers. Simply create a project using the following colour palette:



As luck would have it, my dear friend Tanya had gifted me with a collection of papers and embellishments from My Mind's Eye that contains exactly these colours! Sweet!

Here's the card I made:


card details:


additional challenges for this card:

I'd love to chat about the fun that was had at Crop & Create but I truly am pooped. I imagine I'll have some stuff to share in the next week once I find time to unpack and photograph the projects I was working on or completed at the event. I took part in three fantastic classes and, you know me, I didn't finish a single thing from those classes. I DID get three of my own cards finished and started colouring several other images which need to be finished up and turned into cards.

5 comments:

Kimberly said...

Ah it was so fun..just got home from Ottawa...tired is mildly stating the obvious...my grandbaby had me up at 7am today...i was nodding off all the way home and i couldn't fall asleep due to contacts...it was great chatting and i'm glad i had another card maker and colourer at the table. I thought for sure i was going to be the only one. BTW many thanks for supporting your local talent Redonkulous Designs...they were very surprised by the ottawa purchase. TFS all the shopping tips and i hope we meet again...kim

belldoubleyou said...

Those bright red accents are really quite stunning.

It's nice when a paper practically completes a color challenge for you; I enjoy just building off the paper as you've done here.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Oh, just fabulous! Love those little pearl accents.

Natty said...

Lovely card and I really love that colour combo - so stylish!
Thanks for playing along with the DCM chevron dare. :D

RiNNE said...

Crop and Create sounds so much fun! glad you got a lot done! Love your card...those banners/ bunting are perfect!