The Stamps I Use

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Verve World Card Making Day Sketch Challenge

Hi folks,

well it has definitely been a busy month for me. So busy that I am just NOW getting around to making a few cards for the Verve World Card Making Day Sketch Challenge

Here's the sketch:


and here are my holiday cards for the challenge! Yep, that's right. Since Verve is giving away their next holiday release to the winner of this challenge, I figured it was high time I got back to making Christmas cards.

So here are three new Christmas cards for this year's much neglected stash. I will really have to get on the ball to get enough finished for this year (see the tally so far on the side-bar. Oops....)





I quite like this layout and, if I can figure out a way to tie a proper bow, I just might make a few more of these with some of my many other Christmas papers (shhh....don't tell but I have picked up four new 6x6 pads in the last two visits to Multi-crafts - this was one of them, plus an Echo Park collection in 12x12)

card details:

  • finished size: 4.25 x 5.5 inches, kraft cardstock base, red card stock accent for the ornament hanger (kind of hidden by the ribbon)
  • patterned papers: Fancy Pants Designs "Winterland"
  • stamps: Verve "Ornamental Christmas"
  • buttons are Basic Grey from my stash
  • satin ribbons and baker's twine from my stash
additional challenges for these cards:
thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Jenn Zeeb said...

Thanks so much for playing along with us this week for the Pile It On "Holiday and Holiday Challenge” with us! Just loved your card, and hope to see you back here next week!

PIO DT
Jenn Zeeb

RiNNE said...

So so pretty! Loving the ornaments!