The Stamps I Use

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Viva La Verve October 2012 Week 1

Hi folks,

On October 13th I took part in the annual Light the Night charity walk for the Lymphoma and Leukemia Society of Canada. Some of you may know that my Mom was diagnosed in the summer of 2011 with Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma and has been undergoing chemotherapy treatments since then to keep the disease in check. Last year, when one of my former co-workers asked if I was interested in joining her team (her son is a survivor) I was more than happy to walk along.

This year, we had an incredible outpouring of support for our fund-raising efforts. Our team raised over $2700 in just one week. I was fortunate to raise just over $1300 of that myself.

I wanted to say Thank You to my family, friends and coworkers for their support so, at the Pajama Crop back on October 12th, I brought along the Viva La Verve sketches that have been released so far to start making some thank you cards - notice I said start. I just got around to putting the final touches on these cards today.

So, up first, the week 1 sketch.




I was in SUCH a rush getting prepped for the crop, that I left without my 6x6 papers that I had planned to use that night. But, lucky for me, I had not yet unpacked my tote from Crop and Create a couple of weeks previously so I had some 12x12 papers with me to use. This turned out to be a GREAT opportunity to use up some older CTMH "Olivia" papers - beautiful fall coloured papers, great for this time of year.

Of course, I'm doing my usual two cards with the sketch




card details:
  • finished size: 4.25 x 5.5 inches, kraft cardstock base
  • patterned papers: Close To My Heart "Olivia", edges distressed with Memento Rich Cocoa
  • stamps: Verve "Treasured Words", "With Love"
  • Spellbinders: Labels One and Labels Four

additional challenges for these cards:


Thanks for stopping by - a little heads up for my usual visitors: my next four posts will be the rest of the Viva La Verve Challenges....all with the same papers you see above. So, things might be looking a little familiar for the next little while.

3 comments:

Stephanie U said...

These cards are stunning! Thanks for cutting into your older papers and playing along with UIT!

Cathy Clouston said...

A beautiful fall card! Thanks so much for joining us at Use it Tuesday! :)

RiNNE said...

Pretty cards...I'm glad to hear those benefits turned out well!