The Stamps I Use

Friday, December 28, 2012

For Sweet 16 Birthday #1

Hi folks,

Today I'm sharing one of two Sweet 16 birthday cards for the daughters of a dear friend of mine. One daughter has her birthday on December 23rd, the other is on January 7th. There is a BIG semi-formal party planned for January 5th with three of their friends and I am looking forward to celebrating their big days.

I wanted to do something a little different with both of their cards that I have seen so many other card making bloggers do so very well. Just stamp the image - no colouring!




I quite like  how this turned out actually.

card details:

  • finished size: 5.5 x 5.5 inches, kraft card stock base
  • patterned papers: My Mind's Eye Follow Your Heart - Be Happy (first time using these papers from my stash!),  fussy cut to get the bird/doily/flowers and quote in just the right spot, edges distressed with Memento Rich Cocoa Ink
  • stamped image: Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps "Cupcake Ruby", stamped in Memento Rich Cocoa
  • sentiment: Verve "Joyful Blooms"
  • embellishments: turquoise half back pearls from my stash to coordinate with my papers.
  • EK Success Scalloped Scallops border punch
challenges for this card:

4 comments:

Danielle said...

Very cute card, love how that worked out with the non-colored image on kraft.
Thank you for joining us at Use it Tuesday and wishing you all the best for 2013!!

Caroli said...

Great job with this card, the bonito colores stamp works prrfectly❤
Thank you for jouninf us at Use It Tuesday!

grandmabonnie said...

I love this paper and how you grouped it with the kraft paper! Thanks for sharing your talent at Card Crafter's Circle this week!

RiNNE said...

So pretty!!