The Stamps I Use

Monday, December 31, 2012

January 2013 Viva La Verve Week 1 - Masculine

Hi folks!!

Well, I really didn't make it in time to play along with the December Viva La Verve Challenges last month - what can I say? The usual Christmas rush, lack of mojo and any number of other reasons/excuses just kept me from playing along in time.

But you can bet I am going to do my best to play along in January!

For 2013, I'm strengthening my resolve to make at least one masculine and one feminine version of each weekly sketch. AND --- if all bodes well, I'll try to do a "holiday" card for each sketch as well. Most of the time, that will probably be me trying to stay ahead of the Christmas card making game. But I will probably squeeze in whatever other holiday or special occasion is coming up that month or the following month since I am pretty sure that my Verve stamp collection now covers MOST of the major card giving occasions.

So, up first for the Week 1 sketch is the birthday card I made for my very special Dad.

Here is the sketch:



and here is my card:



I quite like this card - and so did my dearly beloved. In fact, he quite pointedly said that HIS Dad would probably LOVE to get a card like this for HIS birthday in February. So....you will probably be seeing another card very much like this one in the near future.

card details:
  • finished size: 5.5 x 5.5 inches, kraft card stock base
  • patterned paper: My Mind's Eye - Miss Caroline - Fiddlesticks (first time cutting into this paper!)
  • stamps: Verve "Super Dad" and "Small Phrases"
  • Studio Calico Wooden Hexagon Die Cuts - I picked these up at the Crop and Create here in Ottawa a few months ago and FINALLY opened the package to use them. Yes, I was hoarding them for a special occasion....AND until I could get my hands on the Spellbinders Hexagon dies (so I can cut out my own from the wood veneer stashed in the basement wood shop)
  • Spellbinders Hexagon Die
Additional challenges for this card:
thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Haven_mom4 said...

Wonderfully masculine. Thanks for joint us at use it Tuesday

Marjolaine said...

Nice card, I'm sure your dad will love it! Thanks for joining us at UIT!

Teresa Kline said...

such an awesome card for your Dad...hope you have a fabulous weekend!

enjoy *~*

RiNNE said...

Amazimg card for your dad!