The Stamps I Use

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Use it Tuesday #48

Hi folks!

A couple of weeks ago, my entry into the Use it Tuesday Weekly Challenge was selected as the winner for the week and I was asked if I was interested in being a guest DT for an upcoming challenge! You betcha!!!

This week's challenge is to use Red, Orange or Yellow. I know a LOT of people have difficulty with with using one or two or maybe even all three of those colours. Personally, I don't mind them at all. My problem colour is purple. But if you pull out a nice paper pack that is already perfectly coordinated - it's easy peasy! Maybe that's why I have such a HUGE stash of paper pads ... and just keep buying more!

Anyways, on to my card:



I quite like how this card came out. Those warm colours in the middle of a cold, Canadian winter make me feel all happy. If you are a frequent visitor then you will recognize this as the Viva La Verve January Week 2 sketch - this is my feminine version for that sketch (remember my promise to do a masculine, feminine and holiday version of each sketch?)

My stash busting items on this card? Well, we won't talk about the paper. That would be silly. As I confessed above, I do have reams and reams of paper. This one from My Mind's Eye just happens to be a new one I picked up at Michael's. Here in Canada they now sell the little 6x6 pad for $6.99....and when you throw in a 40% off coupon. Well....let's just say THAT stash is about to start growing again.

My REAL stash busting items are those pretty little paper flowers. Most of the cards I post here on the blogarooni tend to not have flowers on them - makes it so difficult for mailing purposes you know? So I tend to forget about putting them onto my cards, even though I have a decent sized IKEA box of them stuffed full in my craft room. I remembered I had these darling yellow-y orange flowers in that box and dug them out. Voila! A pretty birthday card for one of the ladies in my weight loss group who will be celebrating her birthday later this week.

card details:

additional challenges for this card:
Now be sure to pop on by the Use It Tuesday Challenge blog to check out all the other fabulous creations this week and be sure to link up YOUR creation using red, orange or yellow - we could all use a little bit of warmth at this time of year don't you think?

4 comments:

Pauline said...

Wonderful creation Sheena... I love those colours together, and the bold shapes! Thanks for sharing at the Card Crafter's Circle!

Stephanie U said...

Love the design of this card. You did a great job as a guest design for us over at UIT!

Shari said...

Love the color combination and your fabulous layout!!! Thanks for playing with us at One Crazy Stamper.

RiNNE said...

What a pretty card!