The Stamps I Use

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Viva La Verve January 2013 - Week 4

Hi folks!

Just thought I would pop in with a card I made for the Viva La Verve January Week 4 sketch challenge.

This is a sympathy card I made for my cousin and his wife who had to say goodbye after sixteen years to their little Shih Tzu, Nigie. I know they were both feeling quite devastated even though he had been in ill health for the last few years. Like my dearly beloved and I, the don't have kids so their fur babies mean the world to them. Little Nigie definitely had a blessed life with my cousin and his wife.





I deviated from the sketch just a little to make a square card instead of a rectangular card, but otherwise stayed fairly true to the sketch. I even did a ribbon and bow (deliberately distressed with ink....not sure how I feel about that though) - I used a handy dandy tool my sweetie made for me to tie up bows and it worked WONDERFULLY! I may have to post a picture ....

card details:

  • finished size: 5.5 x 5.5 inches, kraft card stock base
  • patterned papers: My Mind's Eye Reunion (love the look of that teal with the dark brown, cream and kraft)
  • stamps: Verve "Borderline", "Kind Words"
  • seam binding from my stash, distressed with Memento Rich Cocoa
  • Martha Stewart Punch around the page
  • Corner rounder punch
additional challenges for this card:

5 comments:

Shari said...

YOur card is beautiful! Love the colour tones you chose. I am sure your cousin was very grateful for this wonderful card.

Thank you for joining us this month at One Crazy Stamper.

Hugs;
Shari

Beth Moore said...

Such a pretty card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Kraft Journal!

Lisa aka Myran said...

I love this color combo, great card! Thanks for joining us at Papertake Weekly this week :)

Sandra said...

Beautiful card and a lovely tribute to your cousins. I am certain they will appreciate it and the kind gesture behind it. I love your chosen colour palette and that albsolutely gorgeous lacy die cut. Thank you for sharing this with us at TTCRD.
:)S

RiNNE said...

This is such a wonderful and beautiful card, Sheena. so sorry for your cousins' doggie.