Just thought I would pop in with a card I made for the Viva La Verve January Week 4 sketch challenge.
This is a sympathy card I made for my cousin and his wife who had to say goodbye after sixteen years to their little Shih Tzu, Nigie. I know they were both feeling quite devastated even though he had been in ill health for the last few years. Like my dearly beloved and I, the don't have kids so their fur babies mean the world to them. Little Nigie definitely had a blessed life with my cousin and his wife.
I deviated from the sketch just a little to make a square card instead of a rectangular card, but otherwise stayed fairly true to the sketch. I even did a ribbon and bow (deliberately distressed with ink....not sure how I feel about that though) - I used a handy dandy tool my sweetie made for me to tie up bows and it worked WONDERFULLY! I may have to post a picture ....
- finished size: 5.5 x 5.5 inches, kraft card stock base
- patterned papers: My Mind's Eye Reunion (love the look of that teal with the dark brown, cream and kraft)
- stamps: Verve "Borderline", "Kind Words"
- seam binding from my stash, distressed with Memento Rich Cocoa
- Martha Stewart Punch around the page
- Corner rounder punch
additional challenges for this card:
- Craft your passion #146: Totally Teal
- Papertake Weekly Challenge: Tie up your loose ends (add a bow!)
- Through the Craft Room Door: Anything Goes
- Kraft Journal Make it Monday: Punch it out
- Inky Chicks #2: Becky's Bingo Grid (ribbon, sentiment, flowers are my three!)
- One Crazy Stamper January Challenge: Anything Goes
As always, thanks for taking the time to visit! Hope you are having a fabulous week!