The Stamps I Use

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Viva La Verve January 2013 - Week 5

Hi folks,

well my goal to make three cards for each of the weekly Viva La Verve Challenges didn't quite get past the second sketch of the year. For the last three sketches, I only found time to make one card for each sketch. So far anyways - but who knows? Maybe I will miraculously find time tomorrow night! But I doubt it.

Anyways, this is my card for the Week 5 sketch



card details:

  • finished size: 4.25 x 5.5 inches, black card stock base, red card stock mat
  • patterned paper: Martha Stewart Valentine's mat stack I picked up last year (or maybe the year before that?)
  • stamps: Verve "Hearts on Fire". The central heart is actually a bigger heart from the set that I stamped twice onto the patterned paper and cut out. The first one to cover the smaller heart that is actually in the flourish and the second one is popped up with dimensional foam.
  • bling it on: there are 19 wee little pearls on this card. 18 of them on the ends of curlicues on the flourish and then one more that I coloured with my R39 Copic marker to do the "I" in Valentine's.
additional challenges for this card:

7 comments:

Nonni said...

Really beautiful with the pearls, they make the heart look very finished and special! Thanks for joining us this week at Tuesday Throwdown, I hope you'll come back next week as well!

Deonna Bemish said...

Sweet, simple yet very elegant. I love that stamp. Thanks for sharing with TTCRD this week.

Lisa Carroll said...

This is fabulous! Excellent design! :) Thanks for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge blog! xo

Jessi Fogan said...

Simple and beautiful! Love the matted layers, and those stamps are so elegant. I'm so glad you could play with us at Shopping our Stash this week :)

lauren bergold said...

what a beautiful C&S card design, that heart stamp is just lovely! thanks for SHOPPING YOUR (valentine) STASH with us this week! ♥

Emily Lauritzen said...

Gorgeous card! Absolutely love the added pearls to your stamp. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown!
<3 Emily L.-DT

RiNNE said...

So full of regal elements...love it!