The Stamps I Use

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Big News with SCRS98

Hi folks!

So I have been just about bursting with excitement for .... well, some time now, as I was asked a little while ago if I would be interested in being a Guest DT for the month of February for.....

Sparkle Creations {Rubber Stamps}


Interested? Oh yes! You betcha! If you have been a follower of my blog for any length of time, you KNOW I love to use the images from SCRS. Truth be told, my collection is constantly growing and there are very few of the SCRS images which I don't already have (even if they haven't yet seen ink in my craft room).

The current challenge over at the Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps Blog is a terrific colour challenge!




Yummy! Yellow, brown and two shades of pink. So, get your thinking caps on and start digging through your crafty stash! Or, if you are like me, pop out to your favourite LSS and pick up a little crafty treat for yourself. I indulged myself with a new paper pad for this challenge!



I picked up the "In Bloom" 6x6 paper pad from My Mind's Eye and, to my delight, it had these three wonderful papers. I fell in love with the pretty flowered paper - with it's shades of pink and barest hint of yellow. I matched it up with the pretty two-toned pink paper on the bottom and the soft yellow as a background for Bookworm Ruby. Then into my stash for the bright pink lace ribbon I picked up some time ago as  "Pick Your Plum" deal and the CTMH Blush curly paper clip.

Be sure to stop by the SCRS blog for more inspiration from the DT. You can also find their posts here on their personal blogs:



And don't forget to link up your own creation (featuring an SCRS stamp) back at the SCRS98 challenge post for your chance to win the monthly draw for some SCRS rubber of your very own! You have until February 24th!

card details:
  • finished size: 5.5 x 5.5 inches, CTMH Cocoa card stock base
  • patterned paper: My Mind's Eye "In Bloom"
  • stamped image: Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps "Bookworm Ruby", coloured with Copic Markers (E000, E00, E01, E93, E50, E51, E53, E23, E25, E27, E35, E49, E57, E59, RV17, R81, R83, YG95)
  • sentiment: Verve "Amazing Wishes"
  • layout: Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge #177
  • self-adhesive lace ribbon I picked up from a "Pick your plum" deal a few months ago
  • CTMH Blush curly paper clip from my stash
additional challenges for this card:
Oh....and don't forget, Sparkle has a fantastic sale on for the month of February! A great time to snap up any images that are missing from your collection!


4 comments:

Sandra MacLean said...

What a sweet card! I love Sparkles images! And that paper was perfect for this week's There She Goes challenge! Thanks for playing along!

Tanya R said...

Congrats girl! You are an awesome DT Guest. You rocked this one. LOVE the card.
Hugs
Tanya

Made by Mandy said...

What a fab image! Love the big pile of books and the rich colours.

Many thanks for joining in with our 'Anything Goes' challenge over at OSAAT & hope to see you back again soon.

Mandy (DT member for OSAAT)

RiNNE said...

Congratulations, Sheena!! I'm so sorry for being late! Your card is beautiful...I do love the yellow with the pink and those papers are amazing! Very well deserved, my friend!