The Stamps I Use

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Sparkle Creations Challenge 99 - Lace

Hi folks!

Yay it's Tuesday and today marks the beginning of a new challenge over at Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps and I get to play along again as a guest DT! How cool is that?





For this challenge, we would like to see you use lace on your projects. That could be a pretty lace ribbon, a lovely lace flower, a lace panel, a lacy patterned paper, a lacy doily, a lacy edge punch, a lacy die cut......whatever strikes your fancy as long as it is lacy!

I recently saw a tutorial posted online over at Really Reasonable Ribbon about making rosettes from lace ribbon. As luck would have it, I have oodles of self-adhesive lace ribbon in my stash from a deal I picked up on Pick Your Plum some months ago (saved me one of the steps in the tutorial!). So, I decided to try my hand at making my little lace flower for this card.



If you look carefully you will see that the panel behind the Celebrating Chloe image has a scattering of lace doilies as well!

Be sure to check out the rest of the inspiration projects from the design team back at the Sparkle Creations blog. Then, get crafty and link up your project using a Sparkle Creations image before the challenge deadline to be eligible to win some new Sparkle Creations rubber for your collection!

And don't forget, Sparkle has a fantastic sale on right now so be sure to place your order before it ends!



card details:
  • finished size: 5 x 6.5 inches, white card stock base, CTMH Cocoa card stock for mats
  • patterned paper: My Mind's Eye - Follow Your Heart "Be Happy"
  • stamped image: Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps "Celebrating Chloe", coloured with Copic Markers (E000, E00, E01, E93, E21, E23, E25, E27, E81, R00, R22, R21, R20, R27, BG10, BG11, BG13)
  • sentiment: Verve "Borderline"
  • lace ribbon, twine and button from my stash
additional challenges for this card:

4 comments:

Some Time With M(E)esha..! said...

A lovely digi and a totally cute card. Loved it.

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Congrat's on your GDT, you did a fabulous job, this is so super cute and I love the lace doily flower...hmmmmm I am going to have to check out that tutorial, I love it!

MommyScraps said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for participating at Craft Your Passion this week!
-Adina

alethea said...

Love this card! Love the image and the simplicity with not many embellishments!! Thanks for joining us at CYP for our Banners challenge! HUgsxx