The Stamps I Use

Thursday, February 21, 2013

TPE 187 with a new stamp

Hi folks,

one of my co-workers had a birthday this week so I took the opportunity to make a card with one of the new stamps I recently acquired from Stampotique thanks to a wonderful Christmas present from my crafty pal Tanya.




Inside the card I took the opportunity to joke about the fact that now that he has reached the magical age of 35 he might have trouble "holding things together". The rest of us in my group at work are older than him and are all well experienced with things falling apart after we hit 35.

card details:
  • finished size: 5x5 inches, white card stock base, black and olive card stock for mats/layers/accents
  • patterned paper: Pink Paislee "Hocus Pocus" (yes, I know that's a hallowe'en paper collection but these particular papers worked well with the image and the colours I wanted to use)
  • image: Stampotique "Hug Monster" by Kira Nichols, coloured with Copic Markers (V01, V04, V05, V06, V09, YR16, YR18, YG13, YG23, YG21). My first attempt at using the pointilism technique that was demonstrated on the MFT blog in this post.
  • sentiment: Verve "Small Phrases"
  • Spellbinders: petite ovals
  • EK Success Edge Punch
  • CTMH Olive button from my stash. Black and orange buttons also from my stash.
  • layout: The Pink Elephant Challenge 187 sketch
additional challenges for this card:
Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Sheri (a.k.a PaperCrafty) said...

Super cute! Love the lil' Monster! Thanks so much for playing along with The Pink Elephant this week!

Mojca said...

Great layout and a wonderful card. Thank you for playing with us at Here Comes The Boys. hugs! Mojca

RiNNE said...

LOL! Ha ha, that is quite funny! And this image is perfect! Your coloring is magnificent...I just love the textures and layers! Awesome pointilism...I've got to try this out!

Woo said...

Thank you for sharing your lovely work with us at Here Come The Boys, Good Luck with the Challenge Woo xx