The Stamps I Use

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Little Brother Birthday Wishes

Hi folks,

my "little" brother celebrates his birthday early in March - since he is currently at sea, I've kind of procrastinated in making his birthday card since he won't be back home until later in the month.

I'll always call him "little" brother - even though he surpassed me in height around the time he turned 14 but he IS younger than me so I still get to call him "little".

This is the card I finally sat down to make for his birthday.



I'm having a little bit of fun by using this image from "Yumi & Fumi". My brother would NEVER be caught wearing a jacket and tie - he is more of a jeans and t-shirt kind of guy. He IS getting married later this year so he is going to have to cave on THAT little fashion issue when he says "I do". I figured it would be fun to remind him of that so it doesn't come as too much of a shock when the time comes.

card details:

additional challenges for this card:
Thanks for stopping by! Hope you had a fabulous weekend!

11 comments:

Deena said...

Love your card, the colouring is amazing, it really is a well put together card. Thank you for entering the Chevron Challenge at Frosted Designs

Cathi ONeill said...

Your card is absolutely adorable, love the image, your coloring and your layering. Thanks so much for joining us at Frosted Designs!!

sandee said...

AWESOME masculine card, I really love it and the chevron banner! Thanks for playing along with us over at Frosted Designs Chevron challenge, waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥

Christa said...

This is a very beautiful card for our challenge ! Thank you for joining us at NMWC. Christa.

eva said...

i love the colors and the papers you used! this is a great guy card! thanks for joining the challenge at yumi & fumi handmade!

Leanne said...

OH this is fantastic Sheena!! Chase looks soo cool in those colors and I love how you kept the card CAS on the papers. Great card to celebrate your little brother. hehe.
Thanks for joining us at Yumi & Fumi Handmade again! Glad to see you back! :)

BrendaB said...

I think birthday cards for guys are so hard to do, but you rocked it with this one!

Lisa Carroll said...

FABULOUS card! Love the colors and patterns you went with here.. perfect 'guy' card! :) Thanks for playing along in our "Bit o' Green" challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge blog! xx

Samantha Ball - aka (Craftychick74) said...

Awesome card. I love those little jeans.

Thanks for playing at NMWC this month.

Happy Crafting
Sam

Craftychickcards.blogspot.com

Cindy Groh said...

Love it. Perfect for a guy.

Sophia Rowley said...

Brothers, despite of the arguments and fights, are still gift from God. and celebrating their birthday is a special occasion. Thanks for sharing these birthday wishes for brother. They are really nice!